Pics Of Your Studio

oh, I had third and final solution in the 70’s. Didn’t see G in person until I saw psychic TV in NYC in the mid 80’s. Cosey memoir is a pretty good read. oh, right, I got some Chris and Cosy somewhere, and even a Chris Carter modular album from fairly recently.

2 Likes

A photo or video can’t show how good Molten Modular Motion MTR looks in real life. So vibrant and smooth! I first learned of its existence when it hit the VCV library. I didn’t hesitate to get the hardware. It’s exactly the utility I needed. Looking forward to getting clever ideas for using it from people around here.

Well done Masters of Modern Music Magic!

4 Likes

And so it begins…

10 Likes

It’s fine, if you build a big enough Eurorack you can always live beneath it.

4 Likes

I actually do hope it does not begin, it’s a standalone Strega for now, but yeah… :slight_smile: I’m finding it real hard to stick to my plan of not opening it before everything which needs to be done today is done.

(Narrator: he already opened the box)

4 Likes

I bought an 0-Coast less than a year ago, and right now I have 12U x 84hp case full and am currently awaiting a “real” case (not the ugly DIY thingy I committed) to keep on keeping on (12U 126hp, that should be OK for maybe a couple of “years”, yeah, lol, months ? Depends…).

It is wonderfull and I regret nothing though, except not having started earlier.

Strega looks beautiful… So powerful and delicate at the same time, and surprising… Have fun !

1 Like

I had no modular hardware in January.

I now have filled 2 x 280hp racks, a 104hp 3u skiff, a 84hp 4u case and most of a 3u 84hp rack. So good luck on that couple of years thing :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I just repeat to myself ‘if I’d left the money in the bank it would now be being eaten away by inflation’. Sometimes I almost convince myself :wink:

3 Likes

Every time I see a module for sale second hand on eBay or Reverb asking more than I paid for it I say to myself “See, it’s an investment!”

2 Likes

But where do you take the mone time from!? I plugged it in at ~20:30, half an hour later I had this going through Chronoblob and Supermassive, smiling ear to ear and it was 23:30.

6 Likes

Ah that’s easy, just don’t have a life. Sorted!

2 Likes

Make Noise is never a bad start. What did you get? And, careful now - going slow is the most important and most difficult :slight_smile:

Ah, I see, you got a Strega, good stuff.

Microfreak and Strega, not a bad combo on the cheap. Soon your desk will be filled with little boxes :slight_smile:

These two - with the Keystep - should be able to go places, yes :slight_smile:

1 Like

This is a little too true! :pensive:

Hi ! This is where I’d like to spend more time than I actually can :

I like a lot that I have three distinct spaces (small modular + mixer/effects + Sampler/sequencer ; VCV for sequencing, audio effects -sends from the mixers- and sequencing for the synths + No input Feedback setup + Lyra8 + Moog RingMod + 2 Poly ; Computer). It helps me a lot since I have it that way instead of trying to have everything at the same “place”. I really should do something about the acoustic (it is so damn live because of the space downstairs that I have a LOT of extra reverb coming from the actual space), but I like it like that and I don’t master or mix professionally so…

I am not good at taking photos and my phone is appropriately bad for my level, so it does not look good, sorry about that.

16 Likes

Proper

1 Like

I’ve never posted a photo of the full shameful two 1/2-year extent of the rack. I am posting this blurry phone photo now because it will be pulled tonight, as I moving soon. I was going to wait til it was full before sharing my addiction, but I fear it may be some time before it is reassembled.

FWIW, I know exactly what will be occupying the empty space if/when it is restored - most of it is in the waiting to be soldered box (the drum and percussion section, courtesy of Befaco).

All is not lost; I will have the Tape & Microsound and a couple of pods. The ES-9 will be racked again, and VCV will be back in the centre of everything.

19 Likes

shameful? i’d say glorious! are those magnifying lamps up top?

1 Like

Whaouuuuu just impressive!