Pics Of Your Studio

That’s one of the sexiest things I’ve seen on this board in a long time!

My wife and I – who both studied physics at univerity – have three HP-15C’s between us, and you can be damn well sure that the calculator app on my phone is an emulation.

RPN forever!

1 Like

14 Likes

wow, this monitor stand stands on monitors! :slight_smile: I have the pair of 2031a btw

1 Like

the envy is possessing me… so many HP calculators…

1 Like

… it hurts… so many HP calculators…

My consolation is that your calculators are bad at symbolic algebra. I have a 49G, 49G+ and 50G.

2 Likes

Maths old style :sunglasses:

8 Likes

I would think you (especially you) would use a CAS for that sort of thing.

Yes. The HP 49G was what hooked me into this special way of programming using symbols. Later I discovered Mathematica, which at the time had a symbolic engine which was superior to all the other competitors I tried. And as you may already know, that’s how I ended up working at Wolfram.

I did a lot of programming in assembly for the Saturn processor used on the 49G. It was a very interesting processor.

2 Likes

and here it is. The first circuit simulator I wrote back in ~2002, which originally ran on a HP 49G. Capable of calculating operation point, transient analysis and transfer functions (using the CAS).

8 Likes

This was an exercise in economy of space. How much studio can you pack into a 1.3 metre square. Probably not ideal for the speaker response but besides my rack experiments I do my final mixes else where. Cheers

1 Like

You boffins (and there are MANY here) absolutely boggle me. I’m happy if I remember how to tie my shoes every morning.

2 Likes

Curta Calculator Type Type 1 TOP Condition with Can | Etsy

I have 2 mk1 and 1 mk2 :slight_smile: So proud :muscle:

Your dog’s studio is awesome but I wonder where you work?

6 Likes

:wink: I do have a 49G that I used during my college years, it is in active use by a strangely curious young one in my house though

@jeremy: I was wondering whether VCV runs more efficiently when you wire it straight into the house circuit breaker panel? :thinking:

1 Like

ya and all my voltage ranges in rack are 0 to 120v and -60 to 60v

1 Like

Call me cheap if you will, but for that sort of thing, I reach for Maxima or one of the lisp languages.

A temporary solution whilst relocating. It’s not much but it’s all I need right now… I can see the appeal of a basement but unfortunately I don’t have one of those.

5 Likes

Very cool! Love the view. What are you running on the 2nd machine? Is it your tape-deck, too?

Cheers!

1 Like