Path Set x Omri Cohen

Happy to share the work @Omri_Cohen and I have been doing on a mushroom themed collection of samplers and loopers.

The premium collection contains three feature packed modules:

• Panther Cap, a polyphonic granular sampler and looper
  • Truffles, sample slicer with dedicated send and return per slice.
  • Hyphae, mini loopers with deep modulation potential.

The free collection contains the little cousins, Truffle and Hyphae.

View the full color manuals and submit bugs.

And a special thanks to everyone who helped test the modules so far :heart: :mushroom:

40 Likes

wahey this looks amazing!

1 Like

Hooray! Congrats on the release! This is such a great set of modules!

1 Like

So. Good.

1 Like

Lovely looking manuals! Looking forward to playing with these :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Congrats.

Will buy them as soon as Iā€™ll return home to support Your great work.

Unfortunately lately Iā€™ve got so little spare time to play with VCV but Your work deserve respect and support everytime.

1 Like

so cool! had no idea you guys were working on this together. just picked up my copy :smiley:

2 Likes

Wait, whereā€™s Omriā€™s video on it? :wink:

ā€˜Polyphonic granular sampler and looperā€™ sounds very interesting!

3 Likes

Yeah, trying to find video demos of it frantically here :laughing: ā€¦ Of course I already bought it all the same, haha. Great set!

1 Like

If everything goes well, I will publish today a short overview of the modules, and then on Monday a full video about PantherCap. I will then work on individual videos about Truffles and Hyphae :slight_smile: In any case, feel free to ask any questions you might have. I will be happy to try and help you out :slight_smile:

Weā€™ve been working on this collection for almost a year now, and Iā€™m super excited itā€™s finally out!

16 Likes

That sounds great! Congratulations on the release :slightly_smiling_face: , and yeah, personally I first read through the manual, then just wentā€¦ ā€œyep, this is greatā€ (as can be expected from a collab like this) and bought 'em, annnnd now that Iā€™m trying them out, indeed Iā€™m very happy.

2 Likes

Cheers for the video Omri, and Andrew for another great set of options! I just tried the free version initially but will probably buy it at the weekend. A few quick thoughts on Hyphae:

I canā€™t see a trigger input for recording, and had to use Stoermelder MAP to get it recording automatically. Have I missed it, or would that be a feature request? I use guitar a lot with VCV and itā€™s not really an option to click a button whilst playing. (EDIT: Iā€™ve just realised you can map a modifier to do this, but a dedicated input would be nice).

Is there a way to change the loop length on the micro-looper section? The manual says 0.5 seconds, but shorter would be great. It would be really cool to change the loop points while itā€™s playing back for granular-style effects as well.

Also, I couldnā€™t seem to get the trigger input to fire properly, maybe just need to spend more time on it.

Overall, Hyphae could be a great module! At first I wasnā€™t that impressed until I realised I had to RTFM to work out how to assign the modifiers, and after a while I got some interesting textures looping guitar and playing back at different octaves. That was only about 15 minutes messing about, so itā€™s got potential. Itā€™s similar to what Iā€™ve done with Simpliciter previously, but without the crashes or any clicking which is something Iā€™ve wanted for a while. Nice work!

Hello there, I have been experimenting with these modules and on the patch below, if I change some of the controls on Hyphae [paid version]. The patch crashes, have u any idea why this is happening?

Post Punk-Qdsimpler+Toms+Hyphae.vcv (2.2 MB)

Thanks for all the feedback.

Currently know. The fixed length is by design, but Iā€™ll let @Omri_Cohen know about your feedback.

For this, I donā€™t quite follow what you mean. The trigger modifiers start at 50% probability by default. When you set them you can drag up and down to change this percentage. Maybe that is whatā€™s going on?

Hey @ady34 thanks for reporting the crash. However, I wasnā€™t able to reproduce the crash using your patch. Can you describe wh\at steps cause it to crash for you, if it happens all the time or just some of the time?

Thanks for looking at the patch, It seemed to do it when I moved the settings on the Repeater section of the Hyphae. It went to 1400% of CPU at one point.

Sorry, Iā€™ve not had a chance to look at this but one of the things I like to do with Simpliciter is take a short slice and trigger playback with quite a fast clock, for glitchy/stutter type effects. I couldnā€™t seem to do that, but I didnā€™t spend a lot of time on it so Iā€™ll read the manual and have another go.

Ah. So the trigger input wonā€™t restart the playback while it is still playing, that might whatā€™s going on?

Unfortunately I still can not get it to crash for me. Does it happen for you every time you load the patch up? How long does it take before it crashes?

I forgot to look at Panther Cap again, got distracted making this with Trufflesā€¦

The best thing here is the original recording was a bit rubbish, but recording into Truffles was an instant ambient generator. :wink:

5 Likes