Parasites in 2.4.1?

Rename version 1.0.0. to 2.0.0 in the plugin.json file (before build) and try again ?

1 Like

It works!!

2 Likes

It really works? I used to have it, but I didn’t have to compile or anything. I can’t remember when, but it went away with a VCV version update. Can you “distribute” it?.. kidding, not kidding. :slight_smile:

do you think it would be helpful if we emailed him a few hundred times. Just kidding… :frowning:

Trying to compile Aepelzens for Parasite Warps using similar tricks but… Getting ugly errors |:-/

errors.txt (23.1 KB)

That’s because it was never updated to even the v1 API let alone v2.

Aepelzens Parasites is on my TODO list, I may work on it this weekend.

6 Likes

nimbus is indeed our clouds. It’s in the nightly. We didn’t include it but it was easy enough to add so it will be in 2.2. Don’t think it will be that useful unless you really love surge modulation or so on, which is why we skipped it before. but people like twist, and that’s just plaits, so who knows.

2.2 “this fall” but remembering it’s still kinda fall at thanksgiving :slight_smile:

5 Likes

They’re the Harmonic and Random modes in the context menu of Splash.

2 Likes

(Hi Parasiters!)

Can Tides’ PLL mode be enabled in VCVRack?

Sorry for bumping this post, I’m asking this in the new release post

From the source.

// Instead of toggling sync by holding the range button, just enable it if the clock port is plugged in.

1 Like

Hi Paul, just a friendly reminder about Nimbus. I was excited to see a Surge update today, but no Nimbus. :wink:

Nimbus is in todays update Are you sure you don’t have the white list thing?

3 Likes

Hi Steve, Just a quick note to say I’m really looking forward to Aepelzens Parasites in V2! thanks!

1 Like

I had to add it in the library. Wow, cool! Thanks I have it now. Yippy!

That means you did the one by one not subscribe thing. Remove all surge and sub to the full plugin and the you get everything. You can search on forum for help if this makes no sense. Enjoy!

3 Likes

Oh and on this thread - I have a good start on upgrading surge clouds to the siperparasiftes firmware

6 Likes

Thanks Paul, and everyone in the Surge team - you are amazing! I’m updating now, can’t wait to get the alternative firmwares too when that’s available :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks Jim. You’ll have to download it from here for the time being

as I’m not the original author, so it can’t be added to the VCV library as yet.

Main thread with details of the port: Aepelzens Parasites v2.0

2 Likes

In Parasite, holding the freeze button for 2 sec reverses the buffer, so I guess Southpole made a separated button implement this feature. I don’t think you could hold a button back then. AFAIK it’s parasite. I get identical results with my hardware parasite

Southpole’s parasite version of Clouds called Smoke has two buttons, one for Freeze and the other for Reverse when in Granular, Oliverb or Stretch modes. The Freeze button becomes a Stutter / repeater option when switched to Looping Delay or Stretch modes, used in conjunction with (delay) Time CV input.