[out now] drone day 2023 collab

just released as free download / pay what you want: our drone day 2023 collab of members of the vcv rack community and the ambient online forums

listening with headphones is strongly recommended, to appreciate the details, the dynamics, and the space in this piece.

i hope you all enjoy listening to it!

the cover lists all the names of the participants. thank you all!

17 Likes

and on youtube:

9 Likes

Really nice album Ben! You’re so good at assembling these, and you do the mixing and mastering yourself, right?

I really like the more “upbeat” mood and tempo on this one, and it’s the drone day album I like the best so far, by far. Great work!

1 Like

thank you so much!

yes, i do all the mixing and mastering myself, in reaper (my daw of choice).

this one ended up being “lighter” as i tried to avoid getting too bass-heavy (which is an easy trap when doing drone) and too dense. i like the result.

3 Likes

Respect! Yes, “lighter”, that’s the word I was looking for. It definately works.

1 Like

Wonderful work! Thanks for including me at the last moment. Enjoying this very much.

1 Like

Thanks for including me! I really don’t know how you manage to pull all this together and make such a coherent sounding hour long piece. It’s magic!

3 Likes

Bravo to all involved nicely done.

1 Like

I’ve just had a full listen and yes, super nice! I’m kinda curious about the individual bits, because it all vibes so well together - ? - but on the other hand, I’m not at all and instead just appreciate what(ever) magic you’ve done. Happy to be a part of it!

2 Likes

I think this is my favorite Drone Day entry too. Good work Ablaut!

1 Like

Most excellent!

1 Like

I thought I recognised the name when I saw this posted in other places. Some great names involved and very enjoyable.

1 Like

Excellent job on making a coherent piece, I love that everyone can enjoy the whole thing, but I have my own personal game I can play of trying to pick out bits of my contribution, thank you for your efforts

1 Like

listening to it with good speakers in a good room :heart:

I’m proud of being part of this

1 Like