OSC'elot an OSC mapping module

I think he’s just referring to updates to open stage v1.03

Nah, Original thread is here

ah very cool

This turned out to be tedious but looks much better, I removed the top and side rows and corrected the first row of buttons. Then I copy pasted the first 16 buttons, with the (id+1) option.

So now the second row buttons have to have their midi notes corrected. it should start from 15-31. Then copy paste for the 3rd row…, so if you want to do that for the remainder :), else I’ll finish it up later.

virtual-launchpad.json (45.1 KB)

And also edit the values returned by Iverson:

Ok here you go all nice and pretty: iverson128.json (172.4 KB) iversonOSCelot.vcvm (23.8 KB)

1 Like

Removed title to get more space for keys. (css in root)

Added some controls on midi channel 2

maps to page, length, euclid … etc. column nine buttons maps to “active” buttons for each track. iverson128-with-controls.json (205.6 KB) iversonOSCelot_with_controls.vcvm (25.7 KB)

No text from vcv (using midi) - must be set in “label” for button “1-9” to “16-9”

I don’t like using 16 “refnotes” for mapping the drum gates to host - but I could not find a better way with fewer modules ?

1 Like

You can use the Midi-gate module by VCV:

Would not work here - I’m getting the gates/triggers from “Iverson128” - they need to go in Host poly V/oct and Gate inputs.

That‘s right. Maybe a stupid idea but after feeding them to midi-gate wouldn‘t it be possible to reconverthem to cv and feed them to host.

There is no midi output to feed to midi-gate.

Okay, last try:

That would work :slight_smile:

Another option is to map the Host ports, you can right click on it and set Note Gate, that way you can connect directly from Iverson.

1 Like

Excellent, I didn’t think of that.

I’ve updated OSC’elot for V2.0 and added some new features too.

Get it here:

3 Likes

V2 is now available in the Library

4 Likes

I should add that due to the new features added and refactoring, it is not compatible with OSC’elot V1.

So glad I discovered this, and that it’s ported to VCV 2!

I’ve been trying to get it working with TouchOSC. I can set it up to send messages to the module just fine, but having a problem with receiving. Unfortunately it seems like the format TouchOSC expects for the messages (when receiving values) doesn’t match what this module is sending and I haven’t found a way to make touchosc work with that format.

TouchOSC wants the address to be unique per control, so having the module send /button for example for all buttons doesn’t really work with that. I can’t find a way to make touchosc only consider the control a match if the address and Id value match. So what’s happening now is, when I get a message back from the module after pressing a single button, it is toggling all buttons.

It would be preferable for TouchOSC if you put the ID as part of the address, so rather than sending and receiving /button (Id, Value), it would be /button/id (value). Otherwise I won’t really think I can make it work with both sending / receiving. EDIT: and to clarify I am saying it would be preferable if this is the format the module used BOTH for sending and receiving messages.

Anyone else got it working with TouchOSC? I wanted to use touchosc rather than open stage control because I want to use my android tablet to control things and I didn’t see a way to do that with open stage control.

Hey @chairbender this should still work with TouchOSC, since this is not an OSC’elot thing, but what the OSC standard dictates, Address followed by any number of arguments.

Unfortunately TouchOSC doesn’t start on my PC for whatever reason and I can’t test with it. You could try using OpenStageControl instead.

That being said OSC’elot only looks for address ending with /button, so you could also use /id/button and it should work, though it still needs an ID for mapping to params:

Check this link for OpenStageControl examples: