NYSTHI v2.4.23

LOL - not a political issue, but I hate it when people say (for example) “your software should…”. But I just did it! ;-(

My response (in my head, usually) is “why SHOULD it do what you say? maybe you mean “I would prefer it if…””

Yeah, I was quite surprised when I saw it was called whitelist. At work I’ve been gently nudging people to acceptlists and denylists.

1 Like

I changed my old github default branch name to main. Now that seems to be their default (GitHub’s).

This naming stuff can seem silly at first, but with a little thought… there are some terms that maybe don’t have racist origins, but white==good and black==bad does seem hard to justify. Once you think about it. Or are forced to by your employer.

3 Likes

Sorry, looks like I was too vague again. I was agreeing with you, and pointing out that in the past, there was a “disallow” list, though it was called “hidden”.

1 Like

ah, ok. I’m not sure anyway what the “right” way is. I guess in theory one would like to be able to both subscribe to a module with some exclusions, or only install one module from a plugin. I’m guessing the later is more common, and now works, whereas we are talking about the former. Probably rarely used (and maybe not supported any more?)

I guess it’s only super confusing when you’ve been selective, and then new ones come out… But the only way to control this is from the library page anyway?

I think maybe I don’t know enough about this feature to have a valid opinion.

So there is a list that is part of the settings.json that states which modules are allowed. That means that if you want to leave one module out, it will create a list of all 2000+ modules that are allowed? This seems a bit inefficient.

I can’t help but feel that it’s a solution to a problem that never existed.

Don’t like a particular module in a plugin? Don’t use it. Sorted.

Most used sort helps with this.

Still boggling as to why VCV Unity is hidden in v2.

It was a much requested feature (only pulling in some modules).

Unity is a different issue. It was deprecated by the maker, as they felt there is no reason to use it in new patches. deprecation is something that happens all the time in the real world, and doing it gracefully is nice.

No. There is a list per plugin, IF you have chosen to exclude some. You don’t have a huge list unless you (for example) deliberately exclude one module from each plugin you subscribe to.

Well, I have never removed a Nysthi module. Checked in the library, none are listed as removed. So that would mean the Nysthi collection should not be in the white list, if I understand correctly?

1 Like

SWEAR! :rofl:

I respectfully decline to answer because I honestly believe my answer might tend to incriminate me

3 Likes

#v2.0.14 (2022-01-02)

COMPLEX SIMPLER

• changed in full 16 multitracks recorder, sample player

• recording operation are with these rules:

if you connect 1 track to input L or input R, you get one track recording
    if you connect 1 track to input L and 1 track to input R you get a 2 track recording
    if you connect a 2 tracks to input L and no input to input R you get a 2 tracks rec
    from 2 track to 16 track connected to input L you’ll get a 2 to 16 tracks recording, if you use a the input R you are going to override recording of the second track (to mantain compatibility of use with the past for stereo recs)

• recording now is DIRECT TO DISK (no more in memory) (but remember play is always from memory, so if you load HUGE files, you are on your OWN!!!)

• add a flag to reset playhead of sample switch

SLIM SIMPLER

• changed in full 16 multitracks recorder, sample player

• add a flag to reset playhead of sample switch

VOLTAGE Dual

• request: add polyphony menu

SIMPLICITER MULTI

• add the use of the SIMPLER TAPE CONTROL as expander
10 Likes

Please forgive me if this has already been asked/addressed. I scrolled back and read that your updated modules are only available via your GitHub. Will your module updates wind up in the library in the future? Or is your GitHub where we stay updated going forward?

I won’t send them to library til a good number of installations will happen, with happy reports from users (or if I’m creating or debugging modules)
:cat2::sunglasses:🐈‍⬛:muscle:

3 Likes

Sounds good! Thank you for taking the time to answer my question :slight_smile:

1 Like

Proper

1 Like

Hmm, it seems your collection contains several derivatives of MVerb. As you probably know MVerb is GPLv3 → GitHub - martineastwood/mverb: VST Reverb In C++

GPL being a viral license means that your entire plugin.so by extension becomes GPLv3.

So where is the code?

Don’t be so obsessive you and your friends, you are harassing me big time.
I asked for permission from Martin to have a special license : let’s wait for the answer

In the meantime I’ll prepare a request to @jeremy to support my mVerb(s), should I drop them from my library

fyi @Vortico @pgatt @jeremy

2 Likes

What do you mean obsessive. Are you distributing modified GPL code or not?

This is not harassment, I’m just trying to understand how you think it’s ok to do this in your proprietary modules.

I wonder how such “permission” would work. Would that make MVerb dual-licensed?