Noodlings of Lars

This is my contribution to VCP-73.

All notes are sampled (S&H) from LFO’s (Stages) and triggered from the very nice docB::PwmClock. There are four voices, from respectively XFX-Wave, docB::PAD2, Rings and Bleak.

You’ll find the patch here:

1 Like

My submission to VCP-74. The challenge is to make a patch making good use of Tides2, and secondarily only use the VCV Fundamentals and Audible Instruments (Mutable Instruments) modules. Tides2 is a wonderful and very versatile module. Sounds great as VCO and I love that chords mode.

You’ll find the patch here:

4 Likes

Three instances of the Proteus generative sequencer having at it. It has become my favorite note and gate generator in Rack after the latest update.

5 Likes

Spent some time messing around with the new “Dark Energy” oscillator. I can get a wide variety of really nice timbres from this one, and it’s a joy how lean it is on the CPU, and often you don’t even need a filter after it.

Of course then I used the CPU budget right back in playing with the new “Airwindows” effects. Man, they’re really interesting some of them and it’ll take a lifetime getting through all of them. Great stuff!

And I must say - the “Tap Dancer” delay is pure joy, such a brilliant sounding module! And “Ions” is a wonderful sequencer as always :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Testing an interesting sequencer (commercial) coming to VCV Rack. It’s fun, different, deep and requires you to wrap your head around it…

And may I just say again how friggin awesome the Surge XT plugin is!

2 Likes

Looks and sounds very interesting!

1 Like

Some testing today of another upcoming, commercial sequencer for VCV Rack. Some good things to look forward to …

4 Likes

Nice! Looks like a very musical module. Will it also take an address besides a clock? As in can we drive with a clock-phase signal :wink:

1 Like

Thanks Dan! Yeah, it IS very musical, that was my first reflection. No, it only takes a clock, as it is.

Looks like some quality modules will be dropping soon from JPLab. This one seems to have a nice balance of user control vs random modulation of the sequence.

And nice to see some Venom quietly doing its thing :heart:

1 Like

Actually it turns out I was wrong about this and didn’t read the manual thoroughly enough. It does indeed have a mode where the step is addressable.

1 Like

Testing another brilliant upcoming commercial sequencer from JPLab - Star Matrix. Very inventive stuff, you can look forward to it!

My contribution to the Very Cool Patch contest #75. A slow and spacious patch with me using galactic amounts of the fabulous AirWindows plugin :slight_smile: Definately a headphone piece.

It really is a wonderful plugin, so here goes many thanks to Chris and Paul for bringing us this in VCV Rack! I feel like I’ve only begun to scratch the surface of it, and that it’s a lifetime’s worth of exploration in itself.

The patch is three voices. Tempo and gates are courtesey of the docB::PwmClock with some swing applied.

Melody is by the Proteus sequencer with it’s expander. I’ve pre-generated some sequences with Proteus I liked, for each of the three voices, and saved them with the expander, and I’m changing through those saved sequences using the clock and ML:Counter modules.

The bass voice is Tides2 in chords mode and I split the voice in two: The bass notes themselves, and then, through the Capacitor2 highpass filter, I use the wonderful TapeDelay2 module to create the ghostly overlay for the bass.

The Surge::Wavetable VCO lead voice gets some delay and spacious Galactic reverb.

The third voice is triggered by the Repelzen::Re-burst, as a burst of 4 notes, playing the wonderful docB::Pad VCO, with a royal treatment of tape delay and two reverbs.

Of the modes I tried in AirWindows, the TapeDelay2 mode is probably my favorite so far, closely followed by the Galactic reverb.

Enjoy!

1 Like

My contribution to VCP-76 - A “One Voice” patch. Mostly an excuse to play with the new, lovely Cytomic CF-100 filter, and the Surge Delay which is just great as well.

1 Like

Strictly speaking it’s not really “one voice” it’s one polyphonic VCO :wink: but it’s lovely and I like it.

EDIT : I just saw you figured it out yourself in the other post

1 Like

A mellow ambient piece. Entirely generative and entirely driven by Marbles.

5 Likes

That time when Steve Reich smoked a joint with Tangerine Dream…

7 Likes

Having a play with the new Squinktronix Arpeggiator.

4 Likes

Had a little jam today with the JPLab::Star Matrix Jr. sequencer and a load of Surge modules. Man I love those Surge modules…

6 Likes

First jam with the new Impromptu:Note-Echo. Liking it!

7 Likes