News of the Rack #3 - Week 28/2019

Hello everyone in Rack-Land, enjoy your Schluck of Moselwein, Beer, Yorkshire Tea, Single Malt, Ginger Ale or whatever pleases you and also enjoy the News of the Rack :metal::sunglasses:

newsoftherack#3deutsch.pdf (766.3 KB) newsoftherack#3english.pdf (759.2 KB)

20 Likes

Truly LOVES this!! The ’nerdiness’ of the rack world really takes me away, in a good way. Can’t wait for the VCV late night show too! Or the VCV weather report… rainy days/patch days etc. Keep up the good work! PDFs rocks! Thanks!

4 Likes

thanks again!

and btw, repelzen is at beta2 now

1 Like

Always a must read, thank you Norbert!
(P.S. You have typos in Bruce Frazer’s and Omri Cohen’s names in the Squinky Mixer paragraph :wink: )

1 Like

Thanks for the news. BTW, my Frank Buss plugin is at version 1.1.0 since I added the new Shaker module. And here is the mentioned Lua script discussion, in case someone wants to add more ideas.

I think I will release the Lua module with a few useful examples. I just watched an interesting video about the Maths module, and since Floats is not available anymore for VCV Rack 1.0, this might be a good example for a medium complex module, which should be still relatively easy to implement in Lua. It is just a nice combination of some simple math functions, no filters etc.

4 Likes

Love this ! Thank you so much. I don’t know why, but i always read ‘’ and now, to the news’’ in a different and deep voice haha. Good work, finally a news source i can trust ^^

2 Likes

Thanks for the mention of my introductory book! Everybody misspells my name – it’s not just you. The correct spelling is Aikin, not Aiken. I wouldn’t actually mind if you would upload a new PDF with the correct spelling.

–JA

1 Like

Any publicity is good publicity!

2 Likes

a new version is uploaded without all reported mistakes, sorry for that :metal::sunglasses:

5 Likes

Thanks again,I always find useful information I’ve missed in your news! Keep them up, please ! :wink:

1 Like