We have a brand-new module out – Comp II. It’s a lot like ”Comp”, but Comp II is intended to be used in the send loop of the Mind Meld mixers. To make it work well in this application, we added the following to Comp:
- Independent control of each channel.
- Separate meters for each channel.
- Channel labeling options to give them the same names as they have in Mind Meld.
- Linked Stereo is the default option.
- It has the same background color.
Comp and Comp II are built on top of the same compression code that we wrote for Comp, but we have enhanced it. Both Comp and Comp II now have:
- Compressor level detector now has less IM distortion (re-design).
- Compressor soft-knee now has smoother shape - sounds better (re-design).
- Tooltips for compressor threshold now displayed in dB, for both compressors.
- Users may now type into tooltips on Comp (bug fix).
And unrelated to compression, SFZ Player now understands absolute path to sample files. Which makes it easier to throw together lists of samples to play.