My Music - Paul Piko

Thanks Marc

I thought Iā€™d cover the opening titles of Blade Runner to try out the Entrian Timeline.

8 Likes

Seeing Entrian Timeline used for this has made my morning - lovely work!

2 Likes

That music has been with me since I first saw Blade Runner in the theatre when it was released. So happy to be able to create a version, and Entrian Timeline helped so much. Thanks for great modules!

And of course, Rack and all the plugins are just amazing.

3 Likes

Nice one Paul! Iconic piece indeed. From 2:10 the strings sound great and the atmosphere is just right, well done. Also love the prologue text :slight_smile:

That was super cool, man! The VCV Rack replicants bit had me laughing too

Well done, @PaulPiko! Would you consider sharing the patch somewhere? Iā€™d love to see how you got that great brassy lead.

1 Like

Thank you Lars :slight_smile: I could have easily spent a lot more time getting it closer to the original, but I was happy to get the atmosphere of the piece.

I remember when I first saw Blade Runner in the theatre when it was released. One of my goals with VCV Rack was to be able to make that type of music, so Iā€™m pretty pleased to be on my way there.

1 Like

Thanks Adi!

I made myself laugh when I thought of it too :wink:

I liked the YT comment that deleting a patch should be referred to as ā€œretirementā€ :slight_smile:

Thanks!

Iā€™ve started work on a patch breakdown video that will explain the techniques I used to make it. But thatā€™s on hold for a short time while I put the finishing touches on a Blade Runner ending titles video :wink:

3 Likes

For that, I can wait - thanks!

1 Like

Following on from my cover of the Blade Runner opening titles, here is a cover of the end titles.

6 Likes

You definately nailed the orchestration there Paul, nice work!

Thanks! There are so many layers and effects in the original, I appreciate it even more having worked on reproducing it. I had to cut back a bit or Iā€™d be spending even longer on it. Maybe Iā€™ll return to it one day :wink:

1 Like

A work-in-progress patch is streaming on twitch now (should be available in history VOD later). Just letting it run while I think about where I want it to goā€¦

Trying out the self oscillation of Liquid Filter

6 Likes

Sounds surprisingly nice Poul, good one! How do you like the filter otherwise?

Iā€™m still tyring it out. Itā€™s a nice sounding filter with some sweet spots. It needs attenuation/offset of any incoming modulation since it doesnā€™t have controls for that.

1 Like

Streaming a cover of Brian Enoā€™s Music For Airports 2/1. 7 loops, each at a different rate. Voices are Macro Oscillator 2 (Plaits) in Vowel and speech synthesis mode. Reverb by Plateau

1 Like

Some kangaroos at the start of this clip, and crimson rosellas zoom through at the end

4 Likes