My Music - Paul Piko

So glad Iā€™ve found this post! Just been scratching the surface, but what Iā€™ve heard so farā€¦ LOVELY!

1 Like

Thanks for that!

1 Like

This patch was an exercise in converting a hardware patch to VCV Rack. The hardware modules arenā€™t available in VCV Rack, so I needed to make some substitutions. And then I couldnā€™t help tweaking itā€¦

Thereā€™s a link to the hardware patch in the video description.

3 Likes

Wonderful patch Paul! It just has this really great feel and sound to it, I like it a lot.

Thanks Lars!

Trying to get my head around Rainbow, the clone of the 4ms Spectral Multiband Resonator :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Wow, that looks like one wacky module Paul. Very interesting and mysterious sounds you get out of it. In a sentence: What does it do?

I love the sounds your getting out of this thing, I may have to give Rainbow a spin!

2 Likes

It has six channels that can be used to select frequencies from a scale. Rotation changes which frequencies are selected. Spread changes the spacing between the frequencies. The scale can also be rotated within the selected scale bank. Morph changes how it moves from one setting to another when rotated. So itā€™s making chords and rotating through them. Each channel has resonance that can be modulated too. Thereā€™s more to the module than that and this patch was just an initial try. Iā€™m now using the polyphonic jacks for resonance and level in my patch, so some of the uMaps were redundant.

1 Like

Itā€™s an intriguing module, Iā€™m sure you will do something creative with it!

I was having a bit of a creative block with a patch, so I cleared the rack and my head and put this patch together. It uses a few Repelzen Burst modules.

5 Likes

Oh man, thatā€™s so nice Paul! A perfect ambient patch. That Rotary module looks/sounds very interesting. Great work!

Thanks Lars, very happy you liked it!

Just amazing, so much skills!

Thank you!

1 Like

A patch featuring multiple Macro Oscillator 2 (Plaits) modules, Smoke (Clouds), Chronoblob 2 and Plateau.

5 Likes

Lovely piece Paul

Thanks Lars

That is beautiful Paul!

Cheers Adi!