My Music - Paul Piko

My pleasure :slight_smile:

I got my hands on some additional Eurorack modules for a while, so I made this video, with notes on how I use them with VCV Rack.

3 Likes

Good one Paul! I must say I do like the sound of the Atlantis, that filter is delicious. Nice lava lamp BTW. :slight_smile:

Thanks Lars. The Atlantis has a special character. The lava lamp adds a classy touch :wink:

Test run of YouTube streaming. Marbles into Elements, with some effects.

https://youtu.be/oTy-14mCxAg

2 Likes

Some Blade Runner style patching

2 Likes

Wonderful tune Paul, love it! It definately has that Bladerunner feel and I’m a big Vangelis fan so right up my street. Great soundscape and composition, well done!

Cheers Lars. It has some good parts to it that I’ll definitely be re-using.

Une réussite, Paul :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks Marc

I thought I’d cover the opening titles of Blade Runner to try out the Entrian Timeline.

8 Likes

Seeing Entrian Timeline used for this has made my morning - lovely work!

2 Likes

That music has been with me since I first saw Blade Runner in the theatre when it was released. So happy to be able to create a version, and Entrian Timeline helped so much. Thanks for great modules!

And of course, Rack and all the plugins are just amazing.

3 Likes

Nice one Paul! Iconic piece indeed. From 2:10 the strings sound great and the atmosphere is just right, well done. Also love the prologue text :slight_smile:

That was super cool, man! The VCV Rack replicants bit had me laughing too

Well done, @PaulPiko! Would you consider sharing the patch somewhere? I’d love to see how you got that great brassy lead.

1 Like

Thank you Lars :slight_smile: I could have easily spent a lot more time getting it closer to the original, but I was happy to get the atmosphere of the piece.

I remember when I first saw Blade Runner in the theatre when it was released. One of my goals with VCV Rack was to be able to make that type of music, so I’m pretty pleased to be on my way there.

1 Like

Thanks Adi!

I made myself laugh when I thought of it too :wink:

I liked the YT comment that deleting a patch should be referred to as “retirement” :slight_smile:

Thanks!

I’ve started work on a patch breakdown video that will explain the techniques I used to make it. But that’s on hold for a short time while I put the finishing touches on a Blade Runner ending titles video :wink:

3 Likes

For that, I can wait - thanks!

1 Like