Morphing Effects Processor module idea

are you guys talking about the Lexicon Vortex effect thingie? I have one of those - overused it in my guitar amp effect look quite a bit “back in the day”.

Yeah, I had an idea to try and create the morphing thing in rack. Never finished it but got some cool effects in the process!

Oops, were you replying to dag2099 there? I uploaded it anyway :wink:

Well I was but dag didn’t reply, any new ‘Vortex style’ rack set up is very welcome! I tried out Stoermelder’s Intermix and that does give some wild fx depending what you plug into the sockets, well worth an experiment with, thanks much appreciated.

Sorry, I just haven’t got to it yet. I did another one called Slydar (Slydar - YouTube) as well. I’m pretty sure Flydar is unrelated to this set of concepts.

I’m trying to decide if I want to upload the Glydar patch to Patchstorage or just upload it here.

That’s alright when you are ready dag, I’m on Patchstorage and on here so anyway will be ok. Whichever suits you. Not seen the Slydar video, I’ll have a look. Just listened to the Slydar as well now, it sounds and looks good. Not tried the Morph modules, there seems to be 2 that look good MSM Morph and 23 Volts does one, Thanks.

1 Like

Well what can I say! What an amazing sound mangler you have created there! I have managed to work around the Midi set up and created some real Vortex magic by messing with the LFOs and Feidah’s, truly wonderful module by Mockba. I will try put some audio on Soundcloud and put the link and my version of the patch in Patchstorage if that’s ok with you?

Yeah absolutely, glad to hear you got it working OK and would love to hear what you’ve done with it! I used a Beatstep to change parameters which is a bit tricky while playing guitar, so I’ve got a MIDI foot controller on order. Hopefully a game changer! Just a quick note about the connections, I used two audio modules which is unsupported and may crash occasionally. At the time that’s the only way I could get the guitar signal in and out. I’ve now got a better interface now that does proper in/out ASIO drivers and that really helped, but it does mean I need to go back rewire all my old patches. It’s obviously nothing like what the Vortex actually does although I think there’s some quite similar sounds when you twiddle the knobs!

Hello there, thanks, here’s the audio and Patch : Lfo Bow’d Audible Instruments Guitar -Vortexed by Adrian Bottomley | Free Listening on SoundCloud

Lfo Bow’d Audible Instruments Guitar -Vortexed | Patchstorage

Really enjoyed creating with this patch, was there anymore created at the same time?

Yep I’ve got loads! Most of my time on VCV is spent creating effects patches, I never think my synth stuff sounds any good. I’ll try and get some more uploaded over the weekend and maybe start a new thread. Nice work by the way, sounds like you automated the controls and completely destroyed the guitar sound beyond all recognition. I completely approve of that!

I wait with bated breath! Same here, I sometime doubt my own ability at creating melodies, I prefer dissonance than melody. I get bored of melody I suppose! A new thread would be a good idea. Thanks, I do tend to take patches to their extremes, especially effect ones.

I can’t find the patch featured in the youtube video but I have uploaded the nearest thing I could find to Patchstorage:

I think you need to add an envelope to make it work exactly right.

Try messing with the feedback and mix knobs on the delay for “enhanced fun”.

Thanks for uploading, I will give it a good run for its life, see what I can mutate the sound into. How much do you know about synthesising vocal formants to give relatively human sounding singing choir? I have been messing with some of my old and new patches and all I seem to get is drones or hyenas using the Squinky Formants and Autodafe’s Formant and Frozen Wasteland’s Everlasting Glottal Stopper. Any advice would be most welcome!!

not much, sorry.

Thought it was worth asking as the Glydar patch sounded choir like in parts. So, you not the man in choir development. Not a problem will keep badgering away at the patches I know sound choiresque. Always enjoy your patches btw. ‘Dagfutureyear’ on Patchstorage?

1 Like

That’s me. Why I didn’t commit to dag2099 on that platform like everywhere else I don’t really know.

Well I’m Kleinemaschinen on patchstorage, drop on by y’all, so I’m not the only one with multiple ids! Good maybe I’m not mad after all or am I? :crazy_face: :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Have you got the Luminox LFX 1310 Vst fx, that does a wonderful approximation of the Lexicon Vortex. Although I’ve never heard one in action that I know of mind! Just used it on Miles’ tone Trumpet through Cloudseed in Fruityloops. A real beautiful melange of tones! Cor that sounded posh!

I only use VCVrack. Because I’m weird.

1 Like

Well, weirdness is relative to the time/space continuum! Sure Albert Einstein said that once! So what ‘weirdness’ are you currently creating?