Mog's Modules - latest = Nexus!

haha this is great! thanks for sharing

No probs at all :sunglasses: anyway, I am glad that you listened to my humble request. as for additional controls/panels (as Stephan suggested) - it’s up to you sure, and I already tested it successfully with 8Faces x2 (16 scenes), so you can easily skip it

Yet another P.S. :crazy_face: - Shame on me! Only after 2nd more attentive testing I found the real strength of your module - it’s polyphony ))) I tested it in Poly 6 mode with just two oscs - “Omri’s eternal fav” FM-OP and with, IMHO, one of the best sounding poly-oscs in VCV Rack - Mockba’s CZOsc and the result was marvelous!

1 Like

And SquinkyLabs mixers

I found expanders surprisingly easy to get going, i don’t understand the finer details but the big idea is you’re just exchanging an array between modules whenever you want, i used this sample code:

1 Like

Is that the reason for the retrig gone one the module? It looked very aesthetic with the three holes on the down right. Amzing Module still I love to build it into patches.

Possibly, I went back & forth on the underlying working a couple of times to be honest. Retrig will return in the next patch regardless haha

2 Likes

Here’s a quick demo of my new module, Nexus.

nexus.vcv (15.8 KB)

It was designed to make it easier to create longer Network sequences with less repetition.
The basic premise is simply to route incoming gate signals on an “x times here, then y times there” basis.
It does that using 6 “stages” that pass the first x gates to one output and all subsequent ones to another, normalled to the input of the next stage.
I’m pretty happy with the basic functionality, but i’m hoping to get some input on how to improve the more advanced behaviour, which is to enable the manipulation of gates between “stages”.

What’s happening in the demo is i’m using Arcane’s B pattern for the first stage and the full 1/8 clock to the second stage.
With the current setup it’s easy enough to “remove” gates, but It’s a lot more fuss than i would like to “add” them - i had to duck the 1/8 clock channel below trigger threshold to pass it through the first stage, then boost it again for the second, because sending gates directly to the second stage would cause it to run in parallel, defeating the object.
I suppose one approach would be for stages to pass the full 16 channels between each other as now, but only “read from” one channel, selectable on a per stage basis?
To be honest i’m having a hard time wrapping my head around my own module here & I don’t know if any of this will make much sense, but hopefully people will find at least the basic function useful!

4 Likes

Thanx for your new addition, very useful and funny tool indeed :wink: And also nice to have visual states of Bypasses. Hope to see another creative ideas from you too.

1 Like

Oh oh - one more time… I Taut I Taw A Puddy-Tat!

Sneak preview of the latest, most recent episode of the Live Stream series, recorded by our beloved @Omri_Cohen, and featuring Mog’s module, in context!

As for me, ah ah for today I am fine with my Friday-night-fever TV show :smiley:

VCV Rack Live Stream - Mog Network

3 Likes

It was a fun one!

3 Likes

Sure! I was late for the live, but never mind, luckily we can view and enjoy the replay. I have a pulsing Rack engine at one side (my DAW monitor), and a Rack master talking and patching at the other side (my laptop screen), and also a glass of a good one, red wine, from Dogliani, Piemonte :yum:

As some say in Italy, “…e chi ci ammazza?” [sort of: “so who can ever kill us?”]

1 Like

That sounds like a very nice evening :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Have a nice Olivals day XD

It was a cool and fun livestream! cool hanging with you all <3