Module ideas

I’m dreaming of a tracker, just because of the 80’s retro vibe. :space_invader:

oh, ok. Not what you are looking for, but Seq++ is a module version of the 1984 DOS program “Sequencer Plus”.

That’s a great point … I put it on my feature-list.

1 Like

i actually like using a tracker for sample/sliced drum loop sequencing.

would be nice to have a dedicated sample module expander that would add the ability to do “9 command” resequencing (protracker) and add time stretch. how about the ability to load .svx? as you can probably tell i prefer amiga trackers to c64.

I’m not sure if there’s a module that can do something similar.

Now things will become complicated. There are lots of trackers and all have different file formats because they support different features.

Seq++ imports standard midi files.

Can Seq++ import pitch-bend data to make portamento and vibrato effects possible that are commonly used in music created with trackers?

Even Renoise can’t send commands like -Uxx, -Dxx or -Vxy over MIDI … and that’s why I’m thinking about making a dedicated tracker module.

https://tutorials.renoise.com/wiki/Effect_Commands

I m currently usinng renoise as my main sequencer, working complete good sending triggers, and midi to the vcv rack, and receiving the audio and mastering in renoise. any aditional module is needed, only the vcv core modules

commands are not available through midi but you can send CC from renoise for it or perhaps M commands can help to this achieve this effects (I m reading now the list of M command and I think not , I never used that but CC work perfect to me) open a thread and we can talk of this no not make a noise here

frames is good if you like the trackers but we are still waiting for the keyboard support

also the vcv rack for DAWSs will work for windows and and mac users

Nope, just note data. Entrian can do all of those things, but I don’t know if it had midi file import (yet). @Richie?

The next-but-one version of Entrian Timeline will have MIDI import, but it might not support pitch bend in that version. Maybe the one after that?

2 Likes

Sampler Synth

basically a synth instrument with a sampler as sound source, using and arbitrary number of sample slots that allow mix , modulate , and process each one of the sampler channels

Wave editor

a modudle, perhaps a sampler, that allow modify with the common features (cut, fade in , fade out, normalize, stretch and so on ) audio files (wav ogg, mp3 etc) and save the edited versions

feels like this must exist, but if not

HRTFP

a 3D panner based on head-related transfer function

instead of giving the panned object’s position with XYZ, it could be controlled through a spherical coordinate system, so inputs would be latitude, longitude and the distance from the listener (maybe with option to use XYZ?)

the outputs would be left, right and the coordinates to help with making relative positions between multiple objects

1 Like

would be interesting to see a blank panel that can play videos, e.g. from youtube or vimeo

3 Likes

or from local files, nice idea, sometimes I love do some patching looking on new media art or so) pretty inspiring

I would use that instead of VLC

“C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\vlc.exe” --no-fullscreen --no-mouse-events --loop --video-on-top --no-audio --no-embedded-video --no-video-deco --zoom=0.5 --video-x=100 --video-y=100 --qt-start-minimized “https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0TMCbDDg5g

VLC player plays the video and minimizes its interface to the systray.

VLC window is not on top if vcvrack window is fullscreen’ed

Isn’t Andrew working on something like this? I remember a video of it in the Discord server…

That would be nice, I don’t follow the discord, only remember him talking about ambisonic stuff here. Just to clarify, what I meant is a panner that outputs stereo audio.

A 3D panner with a 1D output? Would it attenuate relative to distance from the listener?

Me too I am not on Discord, but it sounds like something that could use ffmeg libraries, or maybe libvlcpp. The thing about Andrew so could be sort of a VCV-Recorder extension, as it already embeds utility codec/format libraries, if I’m not wrong. I realize I’m making assumptions, but I can not verify things more deeply at the moment. EDIT: sorry @callumslater46, I was commenting at the @Ahornberg and @Jens.Peter.Nielsen subthread. Sorry for the mess.

1 Like

with stereo output (depending on what you mean by sound dimensions it can be said to be 1D or 2D), but yes, objects in the distance would be more quiet