Euclidian module - #6 by dag2099 asked whether I could add polyphony to my Euclidean rhythm module, so I had a go at it this weekend.
Changes I made:
- Added a knob to let you select between 16 different rhythms
- The number of output channels is based on the number of channels in the clock
- Knobs only effect the active channel selected by the channel knob and only when they are moved
- The switches for reverse / invert no longer made sense as they didn’t represent the current rhythm, so I moved to push buttons
- Added current channel number to bottom of screen
- Added symbol for the play direction since you couldn’t tell from the switch anymore
What do you think?
My concern now is around compatibility, if I change the switches to push buttons I imagine patches that used the first release will now behave oddly, I can’t see any option to select which module version you want to use. I could put a menu option in to preserve backwards compatibility. I’m quite new to VCV Rack so don’t know how much of a problem new module versions breaking old patches is.