looking for a "moog one Wave Angle" like oscillator

Hi! I need to control triangolar wave simmetry to passa from the ramp wave trought the triangolar wave and then to the saw one too.

I can’t find a module that have a knob to control shape simmetry so I find out that a 3 in crossfader could be the solution. (I would enter with the this three wave shapes and cossfade them to do what I need to.)

Unfortunatly I can’t neither find a module like this and I’m trying to create it using 2 diffrent 2 in crossfade, tryng to link their 2 knobs to work togheter.

I’m really hard working but I can’t find out a solution.

Have someone got an idea of how could I do to obtain the result I wish (also in an easier way then the one that I’m tryng to develope), and working in polyphony?

Thank u so much for the attention and sorry for my grammar :slight_smile:

my Kitchen Sink VCO has a CV that can morph the output waveform from triangle to saw. That should be enough, yes?

1 Like

vult bleak also allows symmetry control.

1 Like

I assume you are talking subaudio lfo rate. There are many options. On is ZZC’s FN-3. Screen Shot 2021-10-09 at 6.49.56 AM

There is also Geodesic’s Pulsar which can be a 8:1 crossfader.

3 Likes

if you are talking about LFO, there is the LFOMultiphase too

1 Like

Unfortunately I was talking about VCOs, but this solution seems to be something that could be really useful to me. Is there a way to use it with oscillators?

Ciao ti rispondo in italiano dato che ho letto il tuo nome ahaha almeno è più facile xd Purtroppo parlavo di oscillatori, avrei dovuto specificarlo effettivamente. Conosci un metodo?

Then use Geodesics Pulsars to crossfade between up to 8 inputs.

1 Like

Isn’t there a method to use fn-3 with vco?

I’m not sure what you are trying to do.
If you want a vco that can xf waveshape between tri and saw, then @Squinky and @dag2099 have given you two, and there are more. Where is the output of this oscillation going?

1 Like

Actually I need a vco thats’s able to waveshape ramp to saw (passing trough the tri too), not only from tri to saw.

I would need to do the same thing with sin if possible

The output of the oscillation is gong to the mixer

I’m not a big “math” guy but I know that Frank Buss Formula can be used as a vco. Maybe you can find some way of doing it with that?

1 Like

The Bogaudio XCO has 4 wave shapes with separate mix controls, which can be driven by an input. Have something driving how much of each goes to the output and you can morph from one wave shape to the next. There are crossfaders in the library and NYSTHI do an automated one (Autofader).

Blamsoft’s XFX Wave has an input to drive the wave shape (the POS control, not the Waveform input) - plug a seriously slow lfo into that and see what happens;

2 Likes

If the purpose is to generate audio, then as far as I understand there is no difference between ramp(upsaw) and saw(downsaw). The harmonics and pitch are the same. So, saw–>tri–>saw–>tri… is the same as ramp–>tri–>saw–>tri…

That is why you will find almost no vco’s with both an upsaw and a downsaw. You only need one. They are equivalent at audio rate.

Still, maybe you have a reason I cannot see. It is relatively simple to do what you want. Here is a patch doing this.
ramp-tri-saw.vcv (8.0 KB)

What do you mean about sin? Maybe you can adapt above.

1 Like

thank you so much for the advice @dag2099 ! I’ll try it

1 Like

From the Moog One manual

3 Likes
2 Likes

You’re right, I don’t need the ramp one to animate tri waveshape. I wasn’t so sure that ramp and saw was harmonically the same, but now that you confirm this I will continue using only one crossfade (tri and saw). Refering to the WAVE ANGLE knob you posted after, this is exactly what I wanted to recreate in my patch. Did you post it because it can be made on vcv or only as information? I ask because using crossfades is not exactly the same of changing wave Simmetry I think, so it would be better form me having this control in my patch.

out of couriosity, what’s the difference?

1 Like

That was @Jens.Peter.Nielsen who posted the wave angle diagram. It made me think.

I think I have a different solution that works more like what you want. You are right that the crossfading is not what you are after, I think.

fn-3-audio.vcv (5.8 KB)

Here the LVCO saw wave is clocking the FN-3. That is just how this module is clocked, with a saw wave. Also, the pwm is being modulated by the LLFO tri wave. That ensures the modulation is smooth. I am not using the saw from LVCO and the tri from LLFO because we are talking about tri and saw waveforms. That is just a coincidence.

1 Like