Live performance VCV approach - Quantizer

Hello. I’m working on a system to play improvised live performances on stage… My idea is using a Minibrute 2s to control a “lead” sequence and have a VCV patch “follow” the incoming sequence harmonically. Do you know any quantizer module that can change its note values according to a changing external sequence? I’ll explain. I’d like that the last 7 notes of my “lead” sequence would be always the only one that the quantizer lets through. So if i change tge sequence the quantizer will follow. Or if you can think of some other kind of different system to achieve that. I hope i managed to explain myself.

Thanks in advance

This may be of interest:

2 Likes

Perhaps this might do some of what you are seeking:

EDIT: beat me by a few seconds there Ewen!

4 Likes

A thought: An expander for ProbKey that lets you set X (controlled by a knob) notes via CV/GATE? Maybe an additional CV in for probability?

You could have your lead sequence pass through a shift register and pass 7 notes to coerce quantizer.

4 Likes

Wow. Thanks a lot! I’ll try them all and share the results

And maybe the new one from Squinktronix: Harmony II

4 Likes

Hello everybody and thanks for your help. I want to share that i tried soundismovement solution, and it works really well. If the external sequence is fast enough it reacts surprisingly well to changes in the hardware sequence. It’s a great way to “thicken” the sound of a single synth in a creative way and have it behave very performatively. (If that’s a word :sweat_smile:) I didn’t try the impromptu module (as this one was so effective) but i will and let you know.

3 Likes