Lindenberg Research Announcements Thread

yes, after each restart of VCV
the first time I choose the brand “Lindenberg Research” in he browser
it takes some seconds to load these,
but only the first time, afterwards its really fast.

1 Like

Sorry, wrong mail-address in the post(typo), please send it to: lindenberg.research@gmail.com Thanks!

MacBook Pro (13-inch Retina Late 2013), Intel Core i5-4288U, Intel Iris graphics 5100, macOS

VCV Rack 2.2.0 Free on Windows 11.
AMD 3700X, 64GB RAM, Asrock X570, Nvidia RTX2060Super, Samsung PM981 1TB M.2 NVME

just one little GU bug,
the “Spreader” module misses the knob for the manual trigger here on WIN11

1 Like

Awesome to have another beta release, thankyou!

On my Win 10 machine, trying to add the “Simple VCF” module is enough to crash the Bitwig Studio 4.4.4 audio engine and to crash Cubase 12. All other modules can be added OK. This happens in VST2, VST3 and CLAP.

Right click first time to bring up module selections takes about 10 seconds.

Have experienced issues similar to this thread in Bitwig with the Beta 5 modules (parameters of existing modules sometimes get reset to default on adding a new module) but it seems to be a more general issue: VST3 and Bitwig - Modules loading with parameters set to zero - Plugins & Modules - VCV Community (vcvrack.com)

Thanks, it’s fixed now :wink:

1 Like

Thanks for reporting, could you please tell me what machine you are on? So that I can have an idea of the performance in relation…10s is pretty long :-/ I found the bug in the SimpleFilter - it will be fixed.

1 Like

Mac or Windows? What hardware are you running?

Is this on Mac or Win? What CPU etc. are you running?

post updated

Lenovo Yoga 9 late 2020 in “best performance” power mode.

Also I sometimes see GUI like this, for example closing the VST or CLAP VCV plugin window GUI and reopening it:

1 Like

Yeah, I was getting the blank gui in reason/win 11 too…

1 Like

I fixed a couple of UI bugs and did a significant performance update, I think now it works really smoothly :slight_smile: Beta5.1 is in testing and will be available by tomorrow.

Sorry for the long development and testing process, but I am sure it will released soon, the GUI problems were the biggest problem…

Stay save, stay tuned, be creative!

2 Likes

Thanks for reporting, it’s fixed now. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Beta 5.1 Release Notes:

• updated UI rendering for performance
  • fixed missing/wrong panel image on reopen VST window
  • fix missing push-button on noizer
  • rework LED light simulation
  • add realistic needle behaviour on the VU meter
  • update Preheater preamp module (still alpha)
  • minor graphic updates on knobs and other components

Download here:

Beta 5.1 Macintosh

Beta 5.1 Windows

I hope the performance is now acceptable and works quite well. If not, tell me, I ordered enough whiskey to handle bad news…

Thanks all for reporting issues! :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Some missing cropping of the silhouette - speed is much better (ealier results)

VCV Rack 2.2.0 Free on Windows 11. AMD 3700X, 64GB RAM, Asrock X570, Nvidia RTX2060Super, Samsung PM981 1TB M.2 NVME

Sangster glow effect <3 - reminds me of a 1970’s velvet blacklight poster.

3 Likes

1 Like

Processor Intel(R) Core™ i9-9900 CPU @ 3.10GHz 3.10 GHz
RAM 64,0 GB (63,9 GB
W10

Adjusting the brightness shows a larger silhouette

First time opening the MB takes about 1.5 seconds after that it’s instant :+1:t2: