Lets See Your Custom Module Skins

adopted… (not the jira jira disk…)
next release will contains it

6 Likes

Glad you liked it. I could add something else if you want too :wink:

1 Like

great thread!

as some of you already may know i did a reskin of Bogaudio, with permission of Matt it is available on github:

I forgot to mention that i also created a dark version JW modules for those that missed my post in another thread.

I have permission from Jeremy to share it, so here it is:

7 Likes

Oh this is fun. Not sure how to change the Mverb ins and right side of 8Attack though.

Screenshot_20190728_124609

4 Likes

Is this something that ought to be handled in VCV itself? There’s obviously a demand for it and, while plenty of module designers like to supply alternate color schemes and faceplates (like Lindenberg’s “used look”), many more don’t have the time or interest. Why not set it up so the module supplies the hue of components and the relative values of brightness and let the user decide whether they want the whole thing bright or dark?

2 Likes

great!

I made some faceplates for the vult modules (to emulate pedal effects)

Available here

@Eurikon, your I like your Dark theme , is perfect

I Seen you have Dark theme for the ML modules , it is possible you share it?

14 Likes

you can always open up the svg in a text editor, search for # and replace the hex codes you want to change.

1 Like

Hi David! glad you like it, thanks!

I don’t have dark version of ML modules, maybe you saw the dark version of VCV Router 4:1.
As for sharing the svg’s, we can only share svg files that are allowed to be shared by their original creators.

1 Like

i been using these versions in my patches for a while:

3 Likes

…it is not your?

no worries, I can pick your palette from the image

2 Likes

that is from a while back! :smiley:
i haven’t bothered theming that module anymore, in V1 i don’t use it anymore.
80% gray in Inkscape for the background,
and the others if they were edited too, probably 30% and 50% gray.

2 Likes

I’ve done a dark version for nearly all NYSTHI modules, some of them I left as they are though such as Simpliciter. The samplers’ sample display probably could do with a colour change.

9 Likes

wonderful

1 Like

very cool !
pity that a lot of knob and button are official ones, maybe a whiter version is needed

2 Likes

Whiter knobs and buttons? How about this:

Screenshot_20190728_192657

6 Likes

I also took a stab at this using a more gray background and more muted color palette (inspired by the Stellaire stuff). We’re both definitely on the same page.

6 Likes

6 Likes

Nice, yeah definitely going in the same direction!

I’ve changed the buttons to lighter colour but I’m not really sure what kind of shade or colour to go for with them.

This little exercise has given me an awful lot of respect for what @pyer does!

2 Likes

This is great, really like this take on the MSC mixers!

1 Like

to me those white knobs are way, way too bright. soften it to some nysthi cornflower blue maybe? or take pyer’s colored knobs from simpliciter?