Kleinemaschinen 'music' thread

These are very interesting textures you create Adrian. I’m just curious if you do any post processing on these tracks in a DAW, or is it all done in VCV? Nice work.

Thank you, Auret, good to have someone to talk about my tracks!

If I do post process them it is usually via ‘Effects’ in Audacity, most of the time it is usually their ‘Bouncing Ball delay’ to give it some more weird delay effect! Have you any idea how I could create that effect in VCV Rack? Much appreciated.

I will have to look into that effect. I haven’t used it yet. Lately I tend to export each track from VCV, and then mix the tracks in a DAW. (I use Studio One for that) but only for EQ and compression (and a bit of room reverb). I have never found a plugin which can beat the possibilities and sound quality which can be created in VCV. Especially when it comes to delay effects. Your tracks are really very good. Well done.

Some more tracks for your listening appreciation or not?

Three tracks made using VCV Rack and Ellottronix VST and Xenakios’ Paulxstretch VST for the 1st one. Atmospheric atmospheres created using Hora Millennial both modes-delay and resonator-the drum parts. AI Macro and Resonator, BPMLFO -Frozen Wasteland and Squinky’s F2 Filter. These have been post processed in Audacity-noise removal, faded in/out etc.

Audio:

Stream Adrian Bottomley | Listen to Frippertronics with VCV Rack and Vsts playlist online for free on SoundCloud

Hi Ady. Sorry I only got around to listening to those tracks now. Life and all. But I really like them. There is so much happening in the different layers. And if you concentrate on one layer, something else jumps out and grabs your attention. Really ambient stuff. I like the way the loops in the background glitch out to make way for something else. Very nice work.

Thanks, great to be appreciated glitchy atmospheres are my thing at present! Wasn’t sure if they were ambient though, more Illbient but what’s in a name!?

That’s what you get when you listen to too much Eno and Fripp!

1 Like

More similar style tracks all based on Frippertronical layering and manipulation.

Stream Adrian Bottomley | Listen to Frippertronics 4 u playlist online for free on SoundCloud

Stream Mellotron Gothika Rhodea by Adrian Bottomley | Listen online for free on SoundCloud

Further noodlings, made using Voxglitch Grains FX and Wav Bank playing UK Public Information Films. Oh the dangers of a misspent youth, it’s a wonder we survived!

Wav Bank=Grains Fx 2 PIFs in Escalators everywhere-Public Information Films UK (soundcloud.com)

More tracks about death and destruction in a world where Covid ruins lives!

A fixed rack created + put together by Omri Cohen [a legend] using Instruo and Befaco VCV rack modules. This suite is made using ‘Berlin Ambient’ patch. It has produced in my warped sensibilities three tracks that signify the collapse and degeneration of a God lead land where disease and pestilence reign! These are the last days! All very cheerful stuff! Enjoy or endure!

Stream Adrian Bottomley | Listen to Berlin Schule- Gotterdammerung suite playlist online for free on SoundCloud

Another track, another simple patch containing 3 Host modules with Quilcom’s Djembe, Mbira and Gyil Vst instrument’s going through Chronoblob delay and the Djembe through Ahornberg’s Tape module. This gives the track some texture backwards. Just realised an OGG file can contain 8 channels of Audio and still be small [11.2 mb]

Stream Mbira Chrono’d +Tape=ogg - 8chns by Adrian Bottomley | Listen online for free on SoundCloud

Using a patch created by Boaz Shoham, using Nysthi’s Sussudio and Clockable delay and Portland Weather-FW to produce a Bebe Barron style of experimental electronica. The sample will not follow the patch, bugger! Enjoy the pain of the broken circuits-well virtual ones.

vca-clock-Ochd-Boaz Shoham.vcv (14.3 KB)

Vca - Clock - Ochd - Boaz. - Bebe Barron Would Be Proud by Adrian Bottomley (soundcloud.com)

A track made using Host in Rack and VHS Dream Waves Vst and Hora’s Detour filter bank module to create an Hauntological version of the Cold War and the threat of nuclear annihilation, my how things change or do they!!!

VHS Dreams+Detour - Cold War Europe by Adrian Bottomley (soundcloud.com)

Here I go again replying to myself. further tracks created this week. Field recordings of a night time wander in Bidoo Player, including passing cars, bangs on metal bins modulated through VCV Rack Squinky’s F2 Filter, Plateau Reverb and Chronoblob Delay. Then recorded into Nysthi’s Simpliciter sliced and diced and hey presto these tracks were the outcome.

Audio

Stream Adrian Bottomley | Listen to A night time wander playlist online for free on SoundCloud

Night time wander-sampler.vcv (5.6 KB)

More noodlings of an unstable mind! Here I’m using Riley Taylor’s Polyphonic Sampler VCV Rack patch, along with GowlerMusic’s ‘Cold War dialogue’ sample pack [£1] from Bandcamp to create a Psychedelic sample driven track. Hope you all enjoy it.

Stream Polyphonic - Sampler - Riley Taylor - Cold War Was Fun by Adrian Bottomley | Listen online for free on SoundCloud

Polyphonic–Sampler-Riley Taylor.vcv (7.2 KB)

1 Like

More Soundscape tracks: these two are using Vult Opulus as the sound source. Put through Tonecarver’s Blur, Chronoblob and Autinn’s Vibrato/Flanger. One track is a synth trumpet in a cave, the other, a Japanese Koto in a weirder cave.

Opulus+Blur, Chrono +vibrato.vcv (7.1 KB)

Stream Adrian Bottomley | Listen to Vult Opulus does Trumpet and koto playlist online for free on SoundCloud

1 Like

Huzzah, someone likes one of my soundscapes!!!

More soundscapes, this time using Path Set’s Grains range to cut up and shatter vocals samples from ‘Carry On’ Films, further Musique Concrete experiments are the results.

Stream Emmanuelle does by Adrian Bottomley | Listen online for free on SoundCloud

Stream Watts his name by Adrian Bottomley | Listen online for free on SoundCloud

Replying to myself again.

Another set of tracks created in VCV Rack. By messing up the JW Noteseq 16 you can ‘slow’ time down and Mr Chainov sure knows how to do that. Modulating Lomas Samper with FW BPM LFO and using samples about Dr Hoffman’s discovery of LSD all helps. I’m not advocating drug use! I’m just a sonic explorer

Stream Adrian Bottomley | Listen to LSD- Time stretcheeees playlist online for free on SoundCloud

Mr Chainov vs Substitute +Zefiro.vcv (7.9 KB)

Morning mate, what are the chances of me doing a remix of one of your tracks?

By all means, dive straight in, just me know which one you want to work on. A new experience for me, someone thinks my music is worthy.!

What do you need from me?

some stems would be great. ill let you decide, you have a favourite?

i think i have already emailed you from the bandcamp email i had. may have gone to your spam.