Kleinemaschinen 'music' thread

Using a patch created by Boaz Shoham, using Nysthi’s Sussudio and Clockable delay and Portland Weather-FW to produce a Bebe Barron style of experimental electronica. The sample will not follow the patch, bugger! Enjoy the pain of the broken circuits-well virtual ones.

vca-clock-Ochd-Boaz Shoham.vcv (14.3 KB)

Vca - Clock - Ochd - Boaz. - Bebe Barron Would Be Proud by Adrian Bottomley (soundcloud.com)

A track made using Host in Rack and VHS Dream Waves Vst and Hora’s Detour filter bank module to create an Hauntological version of the Cold War and the threat of nuclear annihilation, my how things change or do they!!!

VHS Dreams+Detour - Cold War Europe by Adrian Bottomley (soundcloud.com)

Here I go again replying to myself. further tracks created this week. Field recordings of a night time wander in Bidoo Player, including passing cars, bangs on metal bins modulated through VCV Rack Squinky’s F2 Filter, Plateau Reverb and Chronoblob Delay. Then recorded into Nysthi’s Simpliciter sliced and diced and hey presto these tracks were the outcome.

Audio

Stream Adrian Bottomley | Listen to A night time wander playlist online for free on SoundCloud

Night time wander-sampler.vcv (5.6 KB)

More noodlings of an unstable mind! Here I’m using Riley Taylor’s Polyphonic Sampler VCV Rack patch, along with GowlerMusic’s ‘Cold War dialogue’ sample pack [£1] from Bandcamp to create a Psychedelic sample driven track. Hope you all enjoy it.

Stream Polyphonic - Sampler - Riley Taylor - Cold War Was Fun by Adrian Bottomley | Listen online for free on SoundCloud

Polyphonic–Sampler-Riley Taylor.vcv (7.2 KB)

1 Like

More Soundscape tracks: these two are using Vult Opulus as the sound source. Put through Tonecarver’s Blur, Chronoblob and Autinn’s Vibrato/Flanger. One track is a synth trumpet in a cave, the other, a Japanese Koto in a weirder cave.

Opulus+Blur, Chrono +vibrato.vcv (7.1 KB)

Stream Adrian Bottomley | Listen to Vult Opulus does Trumpet and koto playlist online for free on SoundCloud

1 Like

Huzzah, someone likes one of my soundscapes!!!

More soundscapes, this time using Path Set’s Grains range to cut up and shatter vocals samples from ‘Carry On’ Films, further Musique Concrete experiments are the results.

Stream Emmanuelle does by Adrian Bottomley | Listen online for free on SoundCloud

Stream Watts his name by Adrian Bottomley | Listen online for free on SoundCloud

Replying to myself again.

Another set of tracks created in VCV Rack. By messing up the JW Noteseq 16 you can ‘slow’ time down and Mr Chainov sure knows how to do that. Modulating Lomas Samper with FW BPM LFO and using samples about Dr Hoffman’s discovery of LSD all helps. I’m not advocating drug use! I’m just a sonic explorer

Stream Adrian Bottomley | Listen to LSD- Time stretcheeees playlist online for free on SoundCloud

Mr Chainov vs Substitute +Zefiro.vcv (7.9 KB)

Morning mate, what are the chances of me doing a remix of one of your tracks?

By all means, dive straight in, just me know which one you want to work on. A new experience for me, someone thinks my music is worthy.!

What do you need from me?

some stems would be great. ill let you decide, you have a favourite?

i think i have already emailed you from the bandcamp email i had. may have gone to your spam.

The email never came through, that I know of, when was it sent? There are too many of them, I’ll have a look through. Would wetransfer link work for you? A lot of mine are in Flac files, I can convert to wav.

Show what do u mean by stems-short samples?

well a stem is like, bass track, drum track, lead synth track all split up.

Thanks, I have created some multitrack wav files in Audacity, I think those should cover some of those.

1 Like

ok cool, get them over to me, I just did this remix for Ignore That Door

Just listening to the remix, so what the original sound like :> . It does sound good, so what did you remix it in? Just sending the stem files to your Gmail via wetransfer.

in reaper, split the stems down into samples, then experimented till something came out of it :slight_smile:

That remix is done for you, check your emails! :slight_smile:

Thanks mate, I’ll have a listen, should be good.

1 Like

Further soundscape work.

Another day, another mess about with VCV Rack, this time using Path Set Modules: Orchestrator Warp Drive ICE Tray The result an alien birds soundscape on some far off planet Far far away!

Warp chirpers by Adrian Bottomley (soundcloud.com)

1 Like

More talking to myself!!

Another VCV Rack patch, this time with some harmony and melody. Using an old patch using a Polygon VCO, 2D modules by Sckitam, Axioma Rhodonea and others and even a VST via Host FX [NA Analog Rack Delay]. Drums have been added by dk and as. All together a lovely package and didn’t they do well folks! Hughie Greene would be proud! Opportunity Knocks indeed!

Stream Adrian Bottomley | Listen to Electric Astounds man… playlist online for free on SoundCloud

2D Polygonal Rhodonea.vcv (6.4 KB)

Further pilgrimages to Rhodonean Space using the same patch as the earlier tracks. But the patch is so versatile, for instance changing the Clock speed and the pitch setting on the Rhodonea, then randomising everything else, produces new variegated sounds. Truly marvellous, alien beat sirens to ratcheted drum scrapes. Enjoy or suffer the wrath of Rhodonea!

Rhodonean Siren Mesmerises by Adrian Bottomley (soundcloud.com)

1 Like