Jackokring development blog (looking for module kinds thin on the ground (avoiding duplication)?)

Thank you for continuing to make these modules, will they appear in the Library at some point or they just for the testers at present?

KRTPluginA · Issue #686 · VCVRack/library · GitHub I think I have to wait for a review of the first 8 modules and then they might be published. What to do next? Another filter is planned …

So what ‘strange’ filter is ruminating in your excellent mind!?

Any more oddball modules to come, a Flanger that is a delay or vice versa? Anymore?

Great that you are putting a lot of time into VCV, we all appreciate it.

an interesting F/Q extension to a three parameter F/S/S. Control of the default filter (some standard patterns), brings the filter into a 3D morphological extension of a standard quad of default beautifuls. Bessel, Botterworth, Linkwitz-Riley and Legendre.

I think F as it will get called can be made unconditionally stable into self-oscillation with a good distort algorithm. LP plus vary distort or LP/HP/BP and things as a control design at the moment.

Morphing filter added. A flanger you say? Umm, I’ll have a think for a bit.

A Rhodes piano module?

Isn’t that a copyright issue. More likely to do some “organ” thing with possible piano sounding harmonics?

I don’t see how. Otherwise people like Applied Acoustics and Modartt would have trouble from their physically modeled EPs. I think you might have a trademark problem if you call something a “Rhodes,” so don’t do that.

2 Likes

It doesn’t seem to be. Obviously don’t call your module “Fender Rhodes”. Here’s a typical example: https://www.airmusictech.com/product/velvet-2

Well, v1.10.15 is on git, Had to add a simple gate/10V to CV transposer as it “arps” a drum machine idea for later (simplifies no CV outs situation). A complex module 24 key (includes triples) 128 step multipattern sequencer is in design but will take a while as it has saves and modes and copy/pastes etc …

The piano idea/organ idea does seem like a good 1st oscillator module to make. Some kind of multidimensional phase shift stops?

KRTPluginADemo/process.md at master · jackokring/KRTPluginADemo · GitHub any more words of wisdom need putting somewhere for clone/copy?

A multi fx module was mentioned on here once! Would that stir your brain juices? Say a delay/phaser/flanger/reverb/chorus all in one module. Selectable in a drop down menu?

A drop down menu like the module explorer? Not sure I see the point here?

No, was thinking that’s how u could choose the fx u wanted from Multi fx module choices. That make anymore sense. So how you doing, you all guitared out?

heres a multi fx module but you need to track down Spin FV-1 programs for it. i think there was a thread on here with links to a database of fx.

1 Like

Thanks it sounds promising but I can’t find any programs for the link, have you any idea where to look for them? The link on here seems to be well out of date unfortunately.

Find the below though. These look good-not tried the programs yet though:

Spin Semiconductor - Free DSP Programs

FV-1 Programs (mstratman.github.io)

The Everyday Electronics '70s and '80s likely have some good analog in …

Here’s a whole plethora of the said magazine, not all music based though:

EVERYDAY ELECTRONICS: UK Hobbyist magazine from 1971 to 1999 (worldradiohistory.com)

the mstratman github is the one i was referring to.