Introducing MixMaster Junior and Meld/UnMeld

Since the release of MixMaster a couple of weeks back, Spock and I have loved watching all the amazing patch videos that have been made with it on the bridge viewscreen. However, Spock’s calculations show that 62.5846585758476% of them have used 8 tracks or less. Logic dictated that we should release a smaller version and therefore we made it so!

MixMaster Junior is an 8 track version of MixMaster with 2 group busses. Other than the reduction of tracks and groups, MixMaster Junior has all the same powerful features found on its bigger brother. We decided that 4 FX sends are still nice to have even with a reduced track count so AuxSpander Junior offers the same 4 Aux Busses as AuxSpander.

We have also included a pair of useful utilities called Meld and UnMeld which make working with the polyphonic inserts and direct outs a little clearer than when using Merge/Infix and Split. The channels are laid out as stereo pairs and each has 3 interchangeable panels in the global menu with labels for tracks 1-8, 9-16 and the Grp/Aux busses.

Preview builds (Win, Mac and Lin) for version 1.1.3 that include MixMaster Junior and Meld/Unmeld are available for download on our Github releases page (click on the Assets tab to open it if they are not visible). If all goes well the new version should get beamed over to the Plugin Manager soon.

Thanks again to Latif Fital / Eurikon for the awesome promo video - live long and prosper! :vulcan_salute:

42 Likes

Nice! :+1:

2 Likes

A big thank you to you and Marc for this :+1:

and to Latif for the great video!!!

3 Likes

Brilliant work, thanks once more, especially for open source.

62.5846585758476% Are you sure about that? :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

This looks a perfect, thank you very much!

2 Likes

Disclaimer: Stated calculations may be completely made up.

3 Likes
4 Likes

this is just fabulous! thanks, guys!

2 Likes

a short Jr. SpaceDub

Very nice… But I’m confused. If Marc is Spock, are you Capt Picard (because you “made it so”)? Then shouldn’t Data make the track calculations? Which STU are we in??? Also, since we are bouncing around imagined realities, is it possible to incorporate a tardigrade so we can access the spore drive? And can that access be global or per track?:vulcan_salute::vulcan_salute::vulcan_salute:

1 Like

lol - and I thought I might be pushing the STU thing too far!

Spock - we need per track access to the spore drive in the next release - make it so!

I’m off to find a tardigrade.

1 Like

That’ll be “Ambassador Spock” from now on please captain! :wink:

Oh, and bring a light saber for good measure!

1 Like

dcehl9o-02d9fe22-0136-4e94-aac0-7f1aee8dbb90

2 Likes

Oh my, be careful what you wish for is true, this is blasphemous!! :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Thank you so much!!! :vulcan_salute:

1 Like

I too have conducted studies in the past: in conclusion, 100% of quoted statistics are made up :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Nice looking mixer though!

2 Likes

Outstanding work guys, thank you!

2 Likes

Great work guys!! Keep it up and thank you!!

2 Likes

:vulcan_salute:t3::vulcan_salute:t3::vulcan_salute:t3:

1 Like

Nanu Nanu ! …wait what?