Introducing MixMaster Junior and Meld/UnMeld

Thanks so much for Jr. And say Hi to Spock for us!

1 Like

This is an awesome tool. I love the patch also!

2 Likes

mork-and-spock

3 Likes

I know at least a couple of people who would freak out violently at such image (not me)! :smiley:

I just love the mixer, BTW! :smiley:

1 Like

Perfect, I much prefer the size of the JR!

Maybe the 6 rightmost inputs of the send expander could also be split off into a second expander? Would make it another bit smaller, and I don’t think I want to use them… :slight_smile:

What am I doing wrong here? When I use a send there is feedback or something.

What send are you turning on that causes the feedback? Can you share the patch?

Any of the sends (although only tried the first two). Here’s the patch before I realised what the thru was for but the result is the same.

There definitely is a problem, and it looks like it’s with the Meld module. Until I can find the bug and push an update, it’s probably best to use Infix by Stoermelder in place of Meld. Sorry for this :frowning:

Ok, no worries Marc. With a feature set like this and only one bug that I’ve noticed is impressive. Thank you once again.

3 Likes

Just to update my previous comment above, the MindMeld plugin has been updated and the bug in the Meld module has been fixed.

5 Likes

I don’t understand what meld and unmeld do, and the manual tells close to nothing. How are they different from merge and split. Obviously the panels are different, but do they do anything different?

Meld: like a normal merge when the poly input is not used, but also allows us to selectively insert signals in an incoming poly cable when used. There are also bypass buttons so that a connected input pair can be ignored (and defered to the poly input when present).

Unmeld: like a normal split but with a thu output, so this one does practically behave like a normal split module.

The idea with these expanders though is that there are different panel choices depending on where they get used on MixMaster, and the layout is such that we can more easily manage the stereo pairs of cables for each track.

Here’s how we would insert a compressor on track 14 of MixMaster, without breaking the signal path for the other tracks:

5 Likes

Ah! Thanks. I didn’t realize that the selective channel thing does with meld. Very nice. Btw, on a somewhat trivial point, both L and R are fully polyphonic on Comp, so you can use it as a poly insert. But all the compression parameters will be the same, which is of course not ideal at all for this application.

1 Like