Introducing MindMeld PatchMaster! (and RouteMasters)

Thanks, Steve, I got it to work now.

I have bought a used Minilab that’s supposed to get delivered in the next days and I think such a device and Patchmaster will be a match made in heaven. This will hopefully get me back on track with VCV…

Also, assuming you’re MindMeld’s Steve Baker: Thank you very much for creating such stuff.

2 Likes

is possible to map using a function different than lineal? also is possible inverse lineal ?

1 Like

Not at this time, but it’s something we might look at in future. Can’t promise anything yet though.

Yes, you can use the range controls to invert (there’s also a range preset for that)

1 Like

With PatchMaster available, now I’m really wishing ShapeMaster Pro could have segments controlled by CV!

3 Likes

Can’t remember if this has been discussed already, but would it be possible to make Patchmaster remember mappings when saved as a selection?

I built a little selection that uses Dant’s “Bright Idea” and some switches, offers, and slew limiters to give me push-button control of cable opacity and the room lights and light bloom, but I have to re-map the buttons each time I import the selection.

See here…

3 Likes

Independent evolution! I wound up in the nearly same place you did for the LaunchPad XL, but am now thinking of swapping out smaller knobs to get bigger faders for better positional visibility. This is great fun!

5 Likes

That looks awesome!

Love seeing the custom interfaces people build with PatchMaster :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey, thanks! :grin:

These modules are fantastic!

Do you think it might ever be possible to have two small buttons side-by-side in a single control? It’s not a big thing, but it would conserve real estate and satisfy my neurotic skeuomorphism for things like left/right, previous/next situations like on the Launch Control XL…

It’s an interesting idea and I can see the use case. Can’t promise anything but I’ll speak to Marc about it. Might be a bit tight fitting them in with the mapping lights (which it looks like you have hidden in your grab)

We’ve done a few tweaks for the version that will go in the library - one of which is to add key commands for quick mapping.

As an alternative to using the menus to map you’ll be able to hover your cursor over a tile on PatchMaster then hit Shift+1 (for map 1) or Shift+2 (for map 2) etc to activate mapping mode - then just click on the control you want to map to.

Also Shift+X to delete a tile, Shift+D to duplicate a tile, Shift+C to copy a tile, Shift+V to paste a tile, Shift+H to hide a tile.

13 Likes

Love this post!

Builds have been updated in the github releases pointed-to in the first post in this thread. Along with the new hotkeys mentioned by Steve two posts above, we have also reworked how the radio buttons work, so it may occur that any currently saved patches will reopen with a different button selected, but hopefully this is not too big of an inconvenience. If a few kind souls would like to install the new version of the plugin, it would help us validate things and hopefully we can put in the library update request in a few days or so. Happy patching mapping! :vulcan_salute:

4 Likes

Testing here the new version, previous patch has opened without issue, shortcuts looks ok MacOs/Mojave

2 Likes

MacOS 13.0.1, Rack 2.2.0, latest dev build (2.1.1b) opens previous patch without a hitch.

2 Likes

This is the approach I came up with and it works like a charm. Does require a HetrickCV Binary Gate and a stoermelder yMap to make any momentary button on the minilar pair work as latched ones as well. Not very elegant but since MIDI-CAT (stoermelder) made a mess of mapping the minilars I had to rethink the whole thing and this was solution that worked

What do you mean by that?

Ben - is there anything in your wonderful collection of tools that lets you hide/show all the little square ‘this controller is mapped’ icons in a patch?

Might have been boneheaded but back in Rack 1.6 I had them mapped via top of MIDI-CAT) as Minilar 1 and the second side of the pair as Minilar 2) that was only way I could get them mapped. If i try this with patchmaster, have two pairs (left is the left side (minilar 1) and right is minilar2 above in the patchmaster. Now trying to map things makes several CCs map randomly and move many a control, so have to unmap and start again. Cabn’t explain it better, but maybe i just needed to use the top one and not both inputs on MIDI-CAt now to make a sane mapping of what is cc00-cc31 for the whole pair

No. I believe it is impossible because the square is attached to the ParamHandle and only the controlling module knows about that.