I had the most amazing jam last nigh, but this morning, Rack won't open.

no, I think I was right. The condition you described happened, that caused the json function to return null. The fix is to check for null.

Yes, you are 100% right. The read is ok, the assigning goes wrong because of the NULL value. Credits to you Bruce :wink:

1 Like

tx!

This is probably an important warning to heed. I say this because I have fallen victim to this issue before in my plugin/module. Anyone who overrides dataFromJson() is vulnerable to this unless they check for null on each data object.

Yeah, Bruce gets credit. I was just the cheerleader :wink:

2 Likes

Here’s your patch recovered without the RPJVisualizer. Now it should load.

DARK-Ambient-recovered.vcv (11.0 KB)

1 Like

Appreciate the gesture but I did get it worked out :wink:

2 Likes

I seem to have a similar situation. I had a really fun session and the next day, it wont open. Same if I open in Ableton. It makes it crash right away. Should I contact support or can I show you my crash log?

Did you use the RPJVisualizer in your patch ? In that case re(moving) the folder (to your desktop) and try again.

No, I don’t use that one…

It’s most likely to be a third party plugin, rather than rack itself. It might be very clear in the crash log what is going on.

Thank you Squniky labs :slight_smile: I ended up deleting everything and re-installing. Works again ok but just super weird.

1 Like

probably a random crash that will come back. but maybe you will get lucky.