How do I patch multiple signals into one input?

The " 2 sounds " you are hearing is the quantizer note change that continu to occur, and since the adsr isn’t close fully at that time the changes pass thru therefor you can hear them.

The Sustain level keeps the ADSR “open”

Try changing the pulse-width of the clock the clock now sends long gates and some gates are added together to form a longer gate.

2 Likes

No, maybe Pluck was not the proper word from me. I`ve tried to upload the vcv file, but i´m too new to do that. :slight_smile: So they are just some random sounds, as the others but quieter.

Good one @Yeager , and this is even how I set up the patch here, but totally forgot to mention it. :man_facepalming:

1 Like

SzoPatch.vcv (17.4 KB)

Try this, and let us know

and also to put a patch here you just drag and drop the .vcv file

If he is a new user it’s not possible to post a file directly though :sweat_smile: .

As for a solution, the suggestion to change the pulse width of the gate seems like a good idea !

1 Like

And I think he reached his post quota for the day, so he can’t even tell us how grateful he is :rofl:

1 Like

I didn’t know that, or if i did, it’s been a while and I had forgotten about it.

I think as you post more and get “awards” your quota goes up?

yep

yes, im a new user, i cannot post a file directly :/ and yes, im very grateful! :smiley: Because the Problem was really with the pulse width.

I still dont quite understand why th OR option works at the logic modul and not the AND, but it works.

Anyway, thank you for your help! :slight_smile:

1 Like

this is because “AND” means both clock gates must be active at the same time to give out a gate and “OR” means either of the clock gates can be active to get a gate out

as an example:

X - - - X - - -X - - - X - - - X

Y - -Y - - - - Y - - - - - Y - Y

will make “AND”

Z - - - - - - - Z - - - - - - - Z

“OR”

Z - - Z Z - - -Z - - - Z - Z -Z

3 Likes

It’s boolean logic :

boollogic

4 Likes

TBH when i started VCV the first time this was so confusing, and luckily i had a Uni course about Boolean logic a few days after ! hehe :grin:

Thanks! Now i understand it a bit more and i read additionally the doepfer a-166 manual too.:wink: Thanks guys all of your response , i 've learned a lot from you! :blush:

3 Likes

@Olival_Clanaro - Thanks for this fine post. I know a good while has passed,but I found your answers very insightful,and helpful. It’s the first time I’ve clearly understood the CV / Gate relationship,and I had thought I already did understand it.

This was crystal clear.I don’t thinkI’ll get mixed up - about this little part of the modular equation - again.Hopefully. Thanks again.

1 Like

I don’t know if you ever found an answer but I know exactly what you mean. I’m here for the same reason. Seems so simple, yet…

How to drive a filter cutoff frequency by an ADSR and by an LFO simultaneously:

You need a mixer to blend both signals together. That’s all.

The scope is there only for visualizing the signal.

2 Likes

Going one step further using the mixer module, you can add 2 signals and you can multiply 2 signals:

3 Likes

Thanks! I really appreciate the quick replies. I’d tried the VCA Mix as shown, but that didn’t seem to work; perhaps I mis-wired it, or some other problem…but you confirmed I was on the right track. (I’m trying to re-create my Grandmother in VCVRack to help me learn, or at least tame this amazing beast).

1 Like