• Bitshift
  • Contrast
  • Exponent
  • Flip Pan
  • Mid/Side
  • Min-Max
  • Waveshaper
  • XY To Polar

Please test these out if you get a chance. I don’t use the polyphonic workflow much, so I might be missing stuff.

https://github.com/mhetrick/hetrickcv/actions/runs/1406470560

10 Likes

I should mention there will be a graphic update on the black davies knobs as well so it might be interesting to keep them :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Yeah! I changed all the knobs to use a function called createHCVKnob(x, y, paramname). This was so that I can replace all the knobs at once by changing one line of code. Looking forward to testing out the new Davies, although I gotta say I quite like the red Rogans at this point.

1 Like

New set of builds to support today’s awesome SDK update: https://github.com/mhetrick/hetrickcv/actions/runs/1467557661

5 Likes

Ah, LFM and sync! So often missing. I assume these have alias suppression of some sort?

They sound great, but I haven’t looked through the code yet. Just drinking coffee and testing my modules :slight_smile: :

Looks like no oversampling or minblep. That sync is going to alias like crazy. LFM, too. Maybe even the wt itself if you transpose it too high.

Send in a pull request!

EDIT: Also, they’re in active development (he’s been livestreaming it on Discord) so he may not have gotten across to it yet.

Oh, I’m wrong, too. It looks like there is min blep in the sync. Guess I need to test before posting!

Oh, and they are from VCV - of course they will be good! wow. sry.

Hah! Yeah, not mine. The HetrickCV stuff is all super basic DSP, more meant for education and pedagogy (hence the CC license and whatnot). I was hesitant to add in polyphony since it affects readability, but since it’s pretty important for the VCV workflow I decided to make that change and also add Gamma (which adds a lot of templating syntax).

The Nonlinear Circuits modules are emulations of CMOS chips, so no advanced techniques there, either.

Ah, cool. got it. Getting strange results with these new Fundamental VCOs. Must look deeper…

1 Like

I could very well be wrong but I think the VCV VCO’s are more or less re-skins of the old VCO-1 and VCO-2.

Yes, but the wavetable is new, and LFM is new, yes?

The Wavetable VCO & LFO are completely new I think and can load 3rd party wavetables. The LFM is new (and through-zero at least on the Wavetable VCO). The LFO and the delay are now syncable. Quite significant changes to the Random module too. And the ADSR has an envelope visualisation window.

All in all some pretty cool upgrades that both simplify the collection and make it more powerful.

Oh and the scope lines draw in the same colours as their respective cables which both looks great and improves clarity.

5 Likes

Not that I’m aware, but as I said, I could be wrong. I think it could even be that if you have an old patch with the old VCO-1 or VCO-2 and open it up in VCV2 then the new ones will replace the old, but I could easily have gotten that mixed up.

I should add though I think the ADSR visualisation may well be the most helpful change especially for people who are new to modular. Even just seeing that the A D and R are timed stages on the sliders and sustain is just a level slider is a massive win in my boook. I remember it taking me a fairly long while to realise that sustain wasn’t a timed stage thing when I was new to all this.

2 Likes

That’s what Andrew said when he was developing the WT during his livestream.

Is the visualisation working right do you think? If you take Sustain and Release right down to zero, and then play with the decay, it changes the attack - which seems a bit odd… it’s def different to how the ADSR visualisation works in Serum for example.

I haven’t tested it enough to know if it’s completely correct.