Good simple video editor recommendation

In a similar space is Kdenlive - Video Editing Freedom

Free and opensource, cross-platform, and both useful for novice and advanced users.

I thought I’d jump in and offer a suggestion for a good, simple video editor. Have you checked out Movavi? They have a great mp4 video editor that’s user-friendly and perfect for beginners. Check it out https://www.movavi.com/support/how-to/automatic-video-editor.html. It might be just what you’re looking for! Let me know if you give it a try.

+1 for Resolve, it’s a huge PITA at first but worth persevering with. I can edit stuff quite fast now I’m used to it.

1 Like

I second the DaVinci Resolve recommendation. The free version has loads of functionality that I will never use, worthy of a professional studio. But it also works well and efficiently for simple editing.

I realize this thread is from way back in 2019, but I thought I’d offer a suggestion for anyone who might be in a similar boat now or in the future. When it comes to video editing software, the landscape can be pretty overwhelming. You’re right; Davinci Resolve can be a bit of an overkill for simple tasks like fades and audio replacement. I’d highly recommend checking out Top 20 Best FREE Video Editing Software with NO Watermark [2023]. It’s a straightforward program that offers both free and affordable paid options. Despite its user-friendly interface, it provides a host of features that can help you do simple tasks like the ones you mentioned, and more.

I endorse VSDC

Simple fades and replace the audio → Reaper. Can do a lot more these days, even :blush:. In any case, this is what I’ve edited trailer, cutscene and gameplay mockups on, for commercial work, and it actually works really well (more so if you happen to be familiar with the workflow from audio related tasks already).

1 Like

all kinda automation are possible, both for tech and creative use. and you can load as many videos in as many tracks you need. no additional pro ultra tools licences needed (AVID are you reading? :see_no_evil: )