Ghalebor - VCV Rack music nest

Thanks! I’ve known about LABS but apparently hadn’t checked their offerings for a while. Awesome :smiley:

That is beautiful! I originally developed Meander in 1988 to be an accompaniment tool to go with my live keyboard playing. It is nice to see it used in that manner again.

You were playing keyboards live in this, right? Forgive me if I am wrong :wink:

Thanks for watching thhis “little one” patch, Ken :smiley:

Yes I playing on my keyboard with one instance of Originals:Felt Piano from SA. I use Meander for slow choir in background.

I have little question: Is that possible to change in progression mode (in custom mode) number of steps if it is set permanently? Cheers

As the manual says: “Progression #4: Description= “custom” you can use this as a place to create your own progression, but it is hard and no way to save.”

So, as you probably know, you can edit a progression preset number of steps and actual steps but the changes go away as soon as you change to a different progression preset and come back or if you exit your patch and come back later. The exception is that the number of steps is persistent until preset changed but that really does not help since the actual steps are not persistent.

I would like to allow the user to create a true custom progression that can be saved, but, I’m not sure if and when that may happen.

I’m giving a try at allowing the user to save the Meander custom progression settings. Actually this will be done via JSON, so should not require any action on the user’s part other than setting the number of steps and then configuring those steps.

1 Like

Super It could be a very useful feature. So now all that was left to do was to wait for an upgrade. I’m going to practice patience now because I’m going away for a few days and maybe during that time I will clear my mind a little. :grinning: Regards.

1 Like

OK I love this but I don’t have Host so I substituted Basal+Slap piano - it’s still beautiful :slight_smile:

1 Like

New Path Set : Rainbows - testing grounds

Hello Everyone in the Rackland.

Courtesy of Andrew Henson I had the opportunity to test the latest upcoming package of modules from Path Set. Just like the previous ones, these are paid modules and they will be available in the Library soon. Rainbow Modules is a package of four separate sequencers released according to the design Andrew got used to in his previous kits. And so we have here: Bridge: “Start with four linear sequences and we can build bridges to connect and jump around” Crossing: “create paths and circuits and loops in this field of notes.” Gird: “generate a panoply of sequences using a small grid of nine notes.” Ring: “Concentric rings of notes create an ever shifting sequence.” Four new sequencers plus there is also a module that extends the possibilities with an additional four sections (A, B, C, D) of inputs (timer and reset) and outputs (gate, cv, mute, ratchet, EOC). Let the force be with you.

2 Likes

MeanderZilla vs. Girdorah

Today I will present you my last project which I worked on today. A little complicated project in which I used the Gird module from PathSet: Rainbow by Andrew Henson (Patheros). Probably the whole package will be available in the library as commercial soon. I encourage everyone to see my previous videos where I used these packages and also recommend buying the other packages from the PathSet series. Really worth. Personally, I love the look of the entire series. A new update in PS Meander adds the ability to change and set your own progressions in the module. Finally Meander shows his claws and I like it very much.

1 Like

Hellou Rackerz Today I present my next patch witch some modules from upcoming PathSet : Rainbows pack from Patheros. It’s a little experiment with amazing sounds from Opulus module from Vult retro FM operator generating from GlasPane (PathSet free) and messing them by Chronoblob, Freak (Vult commercial module) and finaly totally mixing In Ice Tray (PathSet free). That all for strange&creepy maschines sounds. In main sequence I used Anima (Vult commercial module) to generate clock signal (from gate output) in Gird squencer module (upcoming PathSet:Raibows) and it generate sounds in Basal (in this case i used commercial version) and finally I added some filter in Freak module. And finally drums. And that’s it. May the Force be with you friends. Greetings from hot, hot, really hot home bedroom studio :slight_smile: Cheers

Last word

Hello Rackhead.
Today I present my new piece “Last word”. But these are definitely not my last words. All of the soundkits used by me in this patch are free Decent Player packs. I found one library of piano sounds in SFZ format yesterday on the Pianobook website and used in this case as seen in the SFZPlayer module from SquinkyLabs. This time it is a very calm, even melancholic piece just in time for hot days. Hope you like it.

P.s. There is some clipping problem iside the video. Some strange behaviour of host instance of Decent Player make severals problem with performance (i.e. 370% of max CPU utility in peak) . I change some setings in Host module. So I recorded a new slightly shorter version of this track. I will try to make it public soon.

2 Likes

Shuttle go to Infinity

Hi there! Today I present a little patch based on a upcoming new module in PathSet: Infinity. Shuttle is a additive sine-wave oscillator with an infinite permutation of harmonics. I recommend taking a closer look at this toddler. So, for those of you who are considering purchasing and owning this bundle, I heartily recommend it as the Shuttle will soon dock with the NCC-85492 Infinity. New possibilities and lots of fun are waiting for you. Ahoy

1 Like

Another patch with Shuttle from Infinity

2 Likes

I’m sorry my mistake. After recording, I didn’t check if everything was ok. As you can see, it wasn’t. I will try to re-record the correct version soon.

1 Like

Links

Welcome Friends After a short break due to lack of time, lack of inspiration, I go back to creating, I go back to VCV Rack. I hope there will be more in the near future. Although looking at myself and my creative process won’t be easy. It’s not like I wasn’t doing anything, no. In my head there are several projects (a few patches are prepared as sketches for now) waiting in line to work on them. Time is of the essence in all of this. The right mood, etc. I re-recorded this patch and this time checked for sound in the video. Of course, this is not the same patch as it was a few hours ago. : D And that’s the coolest thing about it. Variability. The whole thing consists of smaller parts that were created some time ago and linked together. That explains the name of this piece. This for now.

P.S. P.s. Some time ago on the VCVRack forum, one of the topics was the musical scales that we use in our songs. In this case my choice is Scale 1449: “Raga Gopikavasantam”: Scale 1449: "Raga Gopikavasantam"

2 Likes

One Shot in Kokin-joshi scale

Today I present another patch with my favorite scale (Kokin-joshi) Scale 1187: "Kokin-joshi" I build a little patch with some new module from free colecton PathSet called One Shot . I hope you enjoy this. Cheers

4 Likes

Beautiful piece Mateusz!

Thank you @LarsBjerregaard :smiley:

River of scale part I & II

Hi Rackerz Today I present my newest patches. As you know, my recent projects at VCV Rack are based on my favorite musical scales. I decided to make a bigger project out of it in which I will present patches based on the scales I use. My main tool is my ears, so if something doesn’t suit me, I don’t use it anymore and the other way around, something catches my ear and it’s ok, so you know what to do next. In this series, I would like to focus on these searches and the process of creation. Today’s project consists of two parts. The first is a presentation of the ready patch where I used Raga Siva Kambhoji described here Scale 1205: "Raga Siva Kambhoji" The second part is the most ordinary patch from scratch showing the entire development process from scratch to the final version. I do not rule out further development of ready-made patches in the future. the second patch is based on the Raga Bauli scale Scale 2451: "Raga Bauli"

3 Likes

GOQian Explorer

Hello again. Today I present my next video wherein I focus on another music scale GOQian scale here is a link for more specific informations about this scale Scale 1069: "GOQian" Sit back and listen carefully and repeat after me: GOQian, GOQian, … I was joking. Just listen. Cheers

5 Likes