Getting started with VCV Rack

Why wait? :smiley:

Top post edit…

1 Like

Thanks for that Phil! It’s great to see such a succinct tutorial from Omri on the initial patch. Perfect for people turning on Rack for the first time. I’ve done a light edit of the post and incorporated the link properly. I’d prefer if you don’t edit the post directly but rather simple post the link as a comment, thanks. When v2.0 comes out I’ll do a major revamp of this and try and get it somewhat up to date.

2 Likes

@vortico could this page be linked from the VCV Rack Help Menu, in the next update? It is really good.

1 Like

I can’t vouch for its professionalism, so I can’t officially reference it.

1 Like

Thousands of patches are available for download at https://patchstorage.com/platform/vcv-rack/

Looking at and analyzing existing patches can be useful to beginners.

Many patches need additional modules compared to the native ones; some of these require paid modules.

2 Likes

@ablaut’s “Rack Starter Survival Kit” video has been mentioned above, but it also makes sense to point to his collection of modules and synthesis manuals:

5 Likes

In agreement with Lars I’ve updated the list in the first post, removing some broken links. I’ve also renamed the whole topic.

I’ll keep the list of written resources up-to-date but someone else should take over the list of video tutorials, which I think is already incomplete and outdated. Any volunteers?

1 Like

Since the post is pinned, it should be a wiki. I’ve made the first post a wiki.

I’ve updated my post with a picture of the new webpage

5 posts were split to a new topic: Beginners: how to add new modules to Rack

Changed the link

link broken, is there another resource ?

4 Likes

Guys why i couldn’t find my plugin’s “add” button.I saw it at the first time.But next time i opened the website they’re missing???

There are multiple pages where you can subscribe. Do you have a link to the page you’re asking about?

Hey guys! I actually made a beginner tutorial for VCV 2, it’s a bit longer than 3 minutes:) But it starts with installation and getting started:

It’s timestamped, so you can just jump to what you need: 00:02:11 2. Install VCV Rack 2 00:03:36 3. First Minutes in VCV Rack 00:06:19 4. Registering a VCV Account 00:07:51 5. Install a New Module

P.S. Thanks for the amazing collection of resources, I will definitely refer back to this… not only for beginners!! :wink: I really enjoy the In-Depth Synthesis Tutorials by Sound on Sound, I fully recommend it!

4 Likes

Well done David! This is a good getting started guide for VCV Rack2. I’ll be recommending it.

I won’t claim to have watched it all, but I have clicked around and watched several sections. You’ve done a great job here and it must have been a lot of work. Beautifully presented and very clear. Chapeau!

Merci beaucoup, Nik! Yes, it was, but mostly because I’m new to recording tutorials, and editing in DaVinci…
I hope it helps the community :slight_smile: