Fahmi M. - Music Releases / Sound Experiments with VCV Rack

All sounds on these tracks made with only sinewave, without any effects in VCV Rack. Pure and minimal. Live recordings, one take, and no overdub.

What a steady production! I just bought Pencak Xilat. Very powerful and great combination of sounds. Thanks for sharing.

1 Like

Thank you for support @mixer

Explore organ sounds with Mutable Instruments Plaits as only sound source for create drone experimental music in VCV Rack

Get this patch

1 Like

Ambient modular music experiment, inspired by Javanese gamelan sounds. Main sound source from Mutable Instruments Rings , control by 2 LFO, Braids as LFO also, and process to Valley Audio Plateau reverb module

If you interest to explore more, get this patch.

1 Like

First experiment, I made generative sequencer patch in VCV Rack for trigger sounds by midi notes on Volca FM use usb-midi cable.

1 Like

1 Like

Experiment with generative sequence minimal patch that I made in VCV Rack, to control solenoids by CV-MIDI for hit and play mini gamelan (DIY electro-mechanical musical instrument / robotic sound installation).

1 Like

DIY cassette tape loops play on vintage tapedeck for created drone sounds then process it to Clouds, layering sounds with Mutable Instruments Rings in VCV Rack trigger by midi controller use Novation Launch Control.

2 Likes

All tracks made with minimal patch use Erica synth Wavetable oscillator, Random CV generator, Delay module. Live recordings, one take, and no overdub.

Generative ambient drone music experiment with Mutable Instruments Braids (in polyphonic mode) as only sound source.

Download this patch

2 Likes

Patch notes : VCO module to attack-decay envelope generator, lowpass filter Trigger by generative sequencer Process to spring reverb and delay

Download this patch

1 Like
1 Like

Patch notes : I made generative beats patch on Pure Data. Now I can load it to VCV Prototype then mix it with chords sounds of Mutable Instruments Plaits.

*VCV Prototype : a console display for custom script to interact with the VCV Rack world.

Download this patch + Pure Data Script

5 Likes

Ambient modular experiment inspired by javanese gamelan tuning / pelog scale with pure data patch and mutable instruments clouds in vcv rack

Download this patch + Pure Data Script

2 Likes

All sound on these ambient/drone tracks, I made with Sundanese gamelan as only sound source. Transform it by MI Clouds in VCV Rack.

2 Likes