≈∃ (existentia) Music Thread

I think I finally “get” Rainbow.

7 Likes

Rather than continue to jack the AOV thread, I thought I’d come back over here to tell you that I really dig both this piece of music & the cool patching techniques you shared. There’s a lot going on here that I can learn from - much obliged!

Also happy to turn you on to Bohren; listening to your music, they do seem like something you might be into.

Lord, that is beautiful, is the sample French or another European Language. Do you use a std size rack and/or Stoermelder Stripes for the creation of some of your patches? There does seem to be constant modules in the ones I have looked at so far.

It was an old recording from Archive.org, in English, but I ran it in reverse and slowed it down by 10% or so.

A lot of recent pieces were started with a template, and then use a lot of familiar modules.

I just learned to use Stoermelders Strip today, setting up Nysthi’s Musicalbox to be a Mellotron emulator.

Well certainly fooled me into thinking I was cool and knowing what it was. All your tracks this year seem to have a European Film noir vibey Jazz feel, A good thing! Any reason for that?

The sample is labeled “Ernest Oaten - April 13th 1934” and a bit in the middle dissolves into radio static.

The only possible reason I can think of for this year’s tracks being different is having taken some time away from music to deal with personal and professional crises.

Sorry, hope nothing tragic happened, in some degree we have all had challenges in so many ways this last year and into this one. My life goes from light to darkness hour by hour. My mother is in hospital at present, been in hospital for a week.

I’m sorry to hear your mother is unwell. Hopefully she can recover soon.

We are all hoping that she will pull through, she is getting better today … but we shall see. Thanks for your time.

I’m very sorry to hear of your troubles. I hope things are better for you now.

Musically, I think you’re hoeing a fine row. I look forward to hearing what you come up with next.

I too wish your mother a speedy recovery. You are a notably friendly, appreciative, & supportive presence in the community. I sincerely wish you more peaceful times in the very near future.

Thank you for saying so.

Thank you, very much appreciated, I always try to be supportive of others where I can be!

1 Like

This is what happens when I think about the Cocteau Twins for a day and a half.

1 Like

Always loved the Cocteau Twins! It does sound remarkably like Mr Guthrie’s guitar in amongst the ethereal voices. Is this patch available for distribution? Cheeky, I know but that’s the only way I learn how to do things! Thanks for presenting this beauty.

https://patchstorage.com/door-to-door/

I put it in the video description, but neglected to link it in the announcement.

Thanks for the link. I have downloaded it, see what great sounds I can great out of it.

Patch av available at Wall to Wall | Patchstorage

It’s a variation of the thing from yesterday. Notes about it are at Wall to Wall – ≈∃ existentia virae

Patch file available at: Dust to Dust | Patchstorage

Explanation of how/why: Dust to Dust – ≈∃ existentia virae

2 Likes

Another in a series.

Explanation: ​Toe to Toe – ≈∃ existentia virae

patch: Toe to Toe | Patchstorage

1 Like