≈∃ (existentia) Music Thread

The story of a man and his dog how I managed to build Southpole (and Parasites) and finish another piece.

1 Like

The Southpole (Capital “S”) directory contains the regular Southpole modules. The southpole (lower case) contains the Southpole Parasites. If you look closely, the logo at the bottom of the module says Southpole Parasites instead of just Southpole.

After building them myself, I ended up with “southpole” (uncapitalized) and “Southpole-parasites.” So far, they all work just dandy. I think the problem before was that I downloaded a pre-built version from somewhere, and then built the same thing, ending up with two copies of the regular ones and no copy of the parasites version.

I’ve been using the netboy3 versions of Southpole (standard and parasites) from GitHub.

1 Like

Yes, netboy brought back a lot of my old 0.6 favorites.

Another piece finished up, and then prefaced with snippets of the failures that preceded it.

3 Likes

As I was preoccupied with other things for a while, I didn’t notice that @synthi released MusicalBox. This thing is giving me some ideas.

3 Likes

Much of it is quite beautiful, well done!

Another track, as no one found it important enough to stop me.

1 Like

Another day of something or other.

1 Like

Learned something new and immediately put it to use.

Played with some new things today.

After being buried in 10 months of 2020, I rebuilt my system and got back at it. This is a brief snippet of something, just to make sure I remember how to do this stuff.

2 Likes

I wanted to see what Hora’s “Detour” did, and also that new thing from JW, and then the rest of it just happened.

5 Likes

Another experiment that turned out pleasing to me.

3 Likes

I originally meant to do something completely different, but ended up replacing one bit after another with Count Modula or Bogaudio equivalents, and then I had this.

Also, I learned to properly set up Jack in the process, so I win!

Experiments with samplers.

2 Likes

Someone mentioned Rings-into-Clouds a day or two ago, and attempting to play the smart-ass got me this.

I struggled with this one, and I’m not sure it did not defeat me in the end.

4 Likes

I was trying to get my head around Rainbow, and just now realized that what I wanted it to do could maybe be achieved with any polyphonic filter.

1 Like