Eurorack Modules You Want in VCV Rack

Here’s a Google Drive folder I put together with unnoficial V2 update distributables. It has Wrong People, Mutable Peaks (added to audible instruments), Stoermelder Packone, and Starling Via. Each one has a universal folder in a .zip and a windows .vcvplugin file, you can install either to your plugins folder.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/12jRYjKjcRUkuY9RqZ5vysD1CXtiV-FJ5?usp=sharing

2 Likes

Thank you very much, I think I have these but more of them is better. Much appreciated.

WMD for sure. All of them! :slight_smile:

This looks to be even worse news than is stated in their post. WMD does contract manufacturing for many other companies (eg, as I understand it, Rossum Electro-Music).

Tiptop Audio Trigger Riot. I know of the alternative, but it’s not close and patching it from separate modules doesn’t seem like a good idea to me. I’d never get the same level of hands-on control.

You mean AS Rebeat? I was under the impression that was very similar but I’ve never used Trigger Riot so can’t say for certain.

Or maybe this free one ?

1 Like

Great - I wasn’t aware of that one.

1 Like

Thanks! Not bad, but still very far. :slight_smile: Except for the clock divider Trigger Riot has 6 more settings for each pulse generator. For example, pulse width. That let’s generate gates for funky bass lines right away. One day I should program a clone or at least something with the settings I used most.

This one I’m familiar with. Also, very far from TR.

1 Like

Modbap Trinity

2 Likes

Would love to have this one around! I don’t think we have a sequencial track and hold (super usefull for polyphony from mono source)

Would fit nicely in the Count Modula collection :wink: just sayin :wink:

3 Likes

Not quite the same but this does tack and hold:

8 Likes

wow! I didn’t realised that! thank you :smiley:

1 Like

In trying to understand how best to use them I’d love rack clones of a couple of digital modules I own, Ornament and Crime (vanilla and hemispheres) and Dust of Time. The latter is particularly tricky to use as there are so many tiny buttons it’s easy to inadvertently click one with one part of your finger while trying to click another button with a fingertip!

Ooooh YES, I think the same all the time, specially O_c because it would help with the menu diving, getting some quality time with it not hunched over a table… Also, I LUST for a Dust of Time, is it as good as it looks ?

DoT is probably the most frustrating module I have ever used. I can sometimes get things sounding great, but it’s too easy to click the wrong thing and break what you had.

Mmmmmh, no “undo” then if I understand correctly ?

The thing that makes me want it so bad is that it looks like a miniature modular rack by itself, with an unapologetic digital sound, and it would be wonderful (in my dreams) to pair with more analog sounding stuffs… Kind of look like a cheap (and obviously way more limited) ER-301… Do you have any examples of things you did with it that you wouldn’t mind sharing with us here ?

Nothing I’ve recorded really, certainly nothing with an end result. I’ve had it months and it just ends up as a time sink. I’ll try and spend a day with it soon, but like many things when there are modules that give me reliable results straight away I’ve tended to focus on them. I’m very lucky to have a Hydrasynth and it’s like night and day, I can create super complex digital sounds on there quickly AND understand how I did it.

Only bloody mindedness that I will one day understand it has kept me from sticking the Dust of Time back on Reverb. And I know there’s a fantastic powerful synth engine in there, untapped till now.

Mmmmh you’re giving me some good food for thought right there, I do love my Hydrasynth (the Explorer)… If that is only going to try to step on its real estate and fail at it, why bother ?

At some point I was wondering if maybe I’d better try to go for an MI Element (that I do know and love in VCV) instead of a Dust of Time, that is were the compact side of the latter made me want it, no need for outside modulation, etc…