Effects Patches

You don’t need the Pro-Version of Shapemaster for my patch, I try to do my shared patches with free modules only. But I’ll recommend buying Shapemaster Pro, the expanders are worth every penny.

1 Like

Cheers, I’ll play around with that when I get a chance. You are quite right about the pro version, I’ll buy it this week. Seeing as it’s Christmas :slight_smile:

1 Like

I have re-imagined this patch for Audible Macro in ‘Meta’ mod to give it even more randomness in sound sources, also used Resonator in various string modes and even added Tiny Trick’s Waves capturing the audio of the other two. It gives a beautiful random beautifulness in it’s simplicity but repetitious.

Thank you so much for putting time into this patch. Now :wink: Christmas is done, more patching maybe.

I own one of those!

Yeah I remember you commented on my original thread! They’re a unique unit for sound design, I can’t understand why it didn’t take off, or at least why Lexicon don’t make the morphing thing available in newer units. I’ve still got one in the loft as well, haven’t tried it for years but last time it was really noisy. Apparently the input potentiometers are prone to rot. Probably fixable.

Will start a new thread if I get anywhere with the ‘morphing’ idea using Transit. I have something in the pipeline :wink:

If I understand the morphing thing right then the Eventide H9 series plugins such as Blackhole, Crystals and Ultratap etc include a ‘morphing’ strip. You can set two different states of the plugin and then use the strip to morph between them.

Ah thanks Steve, I didn’t know that. Maybe worth a look but the Vortex had some interesting effects - resonators, ring mods and stuff. Not sure the new plugins would do the same thing? It made some wild sounds when you had a long morph between completely different patches! I’ll get the manual and look at the FX block diagrams again!

Cheers

Here I go again, an Unfilteredaudio PitchDelay and Nysthi Pitchshifter into Fundamental Delay working over a Dub vocal sample [clean no fx] , also Squinky’s F2 Filter kicking in as well. Produces a rather beautiful long delay pitched up and down.

Here’s the patch:

Pitching delay.vcv (5.0 KB)

Audio:

Pitching Delay Vocal Dub by Adrian Bottomley (soundcloud.com)

4 Likes

Oh yeah, that is a nice feature of the eventide algorythms. I own the reverb collection as IOS-Apps for my IPad and use blackhole all the time as an FX-Send on my mixing desk. The Apps have this feature too.

Hello Mo, Happy New Year to you. I have been thinking about a module/patch that does ‘echo repeats’, problem is I don’t where to start. Do I use a delay, TapDancer, Chronoblob, Reverb, any suggestion of modules that would do this ‘echo repeat’ fx for a set length of time.

I have seen this feature on Guitar pedals and Valhalla vsts and that started my grey cells pondering this. Much appreciated.

Hi Ady, happy new year to you too.

If I understand you correctly you are looking for a delay/echo with a set amount of repeats rather than a feedback which slowly fades out the repeats. In terms of hardware that would be most likely a tape delay with multiple play heads and that can be found as a module already in Nysthis “NYECHOecoeco” and “Jira Jira Echo”.

1 Like

Thank you Mo, I have used them in the past but never got the desired results, are there ‘ideal’ settings to get that effect? I’ll set up a patch and try some vocal samples through both and see which works the best.

A looping and Tape combo using Luppolo 3 trk and Ahornberg’s Tape recorder modules:

Loopers n mayhem tapes.vcv (7.9 KB)

Stream Adrian Bottomley | Listen to Looper and Tape Mayhem [Virtual mind] playlist online for free on SoundCloud

Also Nysthi’s NYEchoecho doing it’s thing:

Reso to NYEcho echo.vcv (5.7 KB)

NYEchoecho - Scratching The Surface Of Disaster by Adrian Bottomley (soundcloud.com)

Nysthi’s Jira Jira doing nice things to AI’s Resonator strings:

Reso To Jira Jira Looper Bass To Guitar by Adrian Bottomley (soundcloud.com)

Most of my old pots are “fixed” completely by spraying in some Radio Shack contact cleaner (or some equivalent. It’s not usually rot, but dirt that is the culprit.

1 Like

Hi ! About effect patches, I was looking for an audio pitch shifter to put in a delay loop, or in a reverb for some sort of shimmer effect, what module could do that ? I was thinking maybe using a clock multiplier / divider, but it does not work with high notes (length of the gate being a problem) and also you loose any timbre, you get a pulse wave so…

My frequency shifter might work. Being a freq shifter and not a pitch shifter it will be very out of tune for large shifts, but for small ones it might work fine. It does not mute the sound or have any latency.

NYSTHI has one too

https://library.vcvrack.com/NYSTHI/STKPitchShifter

He posted a link to the most recent version

NYSTHI v2.1.19 release - #555 by synthi

Thanks, I had not figured out how the shift value works in the Nysthi one, it can indeed give me an octave or two up, or one down. Perfect ! The Booty Shifter is the one I use for more crazy style freq shifting, indeed.

But it will do very small shifts. Just sayin……

1 Like

And this:

Module similar to Valhalla Shimmer? - #16 by ablaut

Of course, clouds !! Thank you !