NYSTHI v2.4.23

It was a much requested feature (only pulling in some modules).

Unity is a different issue. It was deprecated by the maker, as they felt there is no reason to use it in new patches. deprecation is something that happens all the time in the real world, and doing it gracefully is nice.

No. There is a list per plugin, IF you have chosen to exclude some. You don’t have a huge list unless you (for example) deliberately exclude one module from each plugin you subscribe to.

Well, I have never removed a Nysthi module. Checked in the library, none are listed as removed. So that would mean the Nysthi collection should not be in the white list, if I understand correctly?

1 Like

SWEAR! :rofl:

I respectfully decline to answer because I honestly believe my answer might tend to incriminate me

3 Likes

#v2.0.14 (2022-01-02)

COMPLEX SIMPLER

• changed in full 16 multitracks recorder, sample player

• recording operation are with these rules:

if you connect 1 track to input L or input R, you get one track recording
    if you connect 1 track to input L and 1 track to input R you get a 2 track recording
    if you connect a 2 tracks to input L and no input to input R you get a 2 tracks rec
    from 2 track to 16 track connected to input L you’ll get a 2 to 16 tracks recording, if you use a the input R you are going to override recording of the second track (to mantain compatibility of use with the past for stereo recs)

• recording now is DIRECT TO DISK (no more in memory) (but remember play is always from memory, so if you load HUGE files, you are on your OWN!!!)

• add a flag to reset playhead of sample switch

SLIM SIMPLER

• changed in full 16 multitracks recorder, sample player

• add a flag to reset playhead of sample switch

VOLTAGE Dual

• request: add polyphony menu

SIMPLICITER MULTI

• add the use of the SIMPLER TAPE CONTROL as expander
10 Likes

Please forgive me if this has already been asked/addressed. I scrolled back and read that your updated modules are only available via your GitHub. Will your module updates wind up in the library in the future? Or is your GitHub where we stay updated going forward?

I won’t send them to library til a good number of installations will happen, with happy reports from users (or if I’m creating or debugging modules)
:cat2::sunglasses:🐈‍⬛:muscle:

3 Likes

Sounds good! Thank you for taking the time to answer my question :slight_smile:

1 Like

Proper

1 Like

Hmm, it seems your collection contains several derivatives of MVerb. As you probably know MVerb is GPLv3 → GitHub - martineastwood/mverb: VST Reverb In C++

GPL being a viral license means that your entire plugin.so by extension becomes GPLv3.

So where is the code?

Don’t be so obsessive you and your friends, you are harassing me big time.
I asked for permission from Martin to have a special license : let’s wait for the answer

In the meantime I’ll prepare a request to @jeremy to support my mVerb(s), should I drop them from my library

fyi @Vortico @pgatt @jeremy

2 Likes

What do you mean obsessive. Are you distributing modified GPL code or not?

This is not harassment, I’m just trying to understand how you think it’s ok to do this in your proprietary modules.

I wonder how such “permission” would work. Would that make MVerb dual-licensed?

OBSESSIVE == make 3 EQUIVALENT REQUESTS in 3 days (after 5 years the code is in)

Maybe Rack2 made people pay attention. I have nothing to do with the other requests.

It’s super weird to me how you think this was ok for all this time (I only knew about it because of your post here).

At least you are aware now. Looking forward to see what you intend to do about it.

1 Like

Stirring up trouble again?

Don’t you have some commits to Cardinal to be getting on with or something?

Whatever you want me to do @synthi just let me know

4 Likes

I have done the unthinkable. I have unsubscribed from my Nysthi subscription. And all the plugins disappeared from the browser. A sight from nightmares. But then I re-subscribed, and now all the latest plugins have appeared in the browser. Hurra! Which leads me to this question: can you (for once) explain the name Rael? It’s been nagging me for some time now.

https://www.discogs.com/release/9280981-Genesis-Rael-Imperial-Aerosol-Kid

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JszTrQdL314&ab_channel=NathanielBarlam

3 Likes

:point_up:

1 Like