Digitone and Overbridge in VCV

I purchased the Host software a few days back and have managed to get my Elektron Heat and Digitone working flawlessly bar one thing. The 8 channel host plugin works great but my digitone has 4 seperate outputs (4 X left and right output), 1 summed output (all 4 channels through one L/R) and an effects output (another L/R output). Problem is that it outputs the sum to channel 1/2 and then the next 3 channels on the digitone got to 3/4, 5/6 and 7/8 therefore missing the last voice. I see on the Analog 4 you can reroute the voice outputs but I don’t see that option on my digitone hardware. Does anyone have any ideas or do I use another host for the last channel? This I havent tried yet.

Hope this makes sense to someone!

1 Like

I’m not an Overbridge user. And i don’t know a workaround to get more IO channels from VST plugins in HOST.

I too would like more channels for VCV Host for use with UVI Falcon (16 stereo outputs) and Native Instruments Kontakt (16 stereo outputs).

Makes a lot of sense to ask VCV for more Host I/Os.

3 Likes

Glad to know it’s not just me and I shall do what you suggested. It’s the one thing from my little setup being perfect!

1 Like

Similar feature requests have been recurring for years. This is one of them: VCV HOST-XL: More than 8 outputs from VST

1 Like

Well, I wished for ARM version of VCV for a year after I bought it and that came true so fingers crossed. 3 out of 4 ain’t bad.

I remember tackling this some time ago. I don’t have a Digitone right now to check but I seem to remember using the main channel for Output 1 and decoupling the others from within the digitone/overbridge to use the remaining outputs. It is possible AFAIR.

If what I think you mean is reroute audio on the hardware itself I think it’s only possible on A4. But feel free to prove me miserably wrong!

Try Overbridge engine settings. From the manual:

6.9 MULTIPLE OUTPUTS The plugin exposes multiple audio outputs to the DAW. The first stereo channel is always the Main Out of the device. The remaining plugin output channels are the individual outputs from the synth or drum voices (plus Ext. In on Keys/Four) on your Elektron device.

1 Like

Appreciated, I am sure I looked at everything but I’ll give it another go and report back.