DeniSound's Music corner - Denis Tercier

Hi everyone! This is the thread about my music using exclusively vcv rack. No other DAW, no postprod, no other vst’s, just vcv. I hope you’ll enjoy. I hope it could be inspiring. Cheers

Full playlist on youtube: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5qCogX66ButAKGyqdZRc8f_-PeCuzDgh

1 Like

Hi rackers,
This one is called “Mad Circu[IT]s”
This is about meeting with Foundry (Impromptu modular) and “entropia” (geodesic).
So I want to express my gratitude to @marc_boule and @pyer for their creativity and for giving us so clever tools in vcv. Thanks again @Omri_Cohen, you’re a so great teacher for us all.

The patch is here: https://patchstorage.com/foundrique/
3 Likes

Thank you denis for making great music with these tools :smiley:
@Omri_Cohen usually the kids are happy when the teacher is sick, but here we can’t wait to get back in class!

3 Likes

I still cannot really listen to music, but it’s on my “watch later” list, and I will give it a listen as soon as I can :slight_smile:

1 Like

Man, it’s really hard being away… I do feel a bit better, but not quite there yet…

1 Like

Again, I wish you a good recovery. The sun is coming back to where I live. So I’m sure that your health will soon be sunny as well :sunny::sunny:

1 Like

Oh! And you will probably recognize the patch :wink:

1 Like

Hi, this is a part of something that could get bigger. @AdiQ , thanks to him made me discover something called the Karplus technique. I combine it here with the discovering of the new valley module Amalgam. Please feel free to download the patch, transform it, expand it and share it as a comment to this post. Thanks Dale Johnson for his wonderful work.
Here you’ll find the patch : https://patchstorage.com/amalgame/ttps://youtu.be/NcWCK2GQ1Nk
https://youtu.be/NcWCK2GQ1Nk

2 Likes

Holy shit that’s cool! I love the direction you took this, very creative! Especially what you were doing with that Bog Gate module going to the Bypasses, next level stuff Denis:)

1 Like

Thanks Adi. I use this so often! So many sequencers send only trigers. For Amalgam, I think it’ll be an endless mystery module…

Hi everybody! This is my latest patch made on vcv rack. The featured module here, among others is the “gray code”. A sort of clock devider. All the descriptions of the process are in the video.
I had a lot of fun to try to understand how Gray Code really works… But I’ve not achieved that really. I think that rack teach me how to have fun using stuff without having to understand it.
Cheers! :birthday:

4 Likes

Very interesting and intricate. Great sound!

1 Like

Thank you Lars. To be honest I don’t think that I manged the EV3 voice that well. The result is ok when it’s coming out of reverb, but not really from itself. I could have done much better with it. Have a nice week. :wink:

Hi, Here’s another step inside my Karplus Journey.

Cheers.

1 Like

Hey… all of you… there…here… everywhere,
Salut la compagnie!
Tutoriel en français… pour une fois…
This is about patching from scratch with some spoken explanations with a lot of “vous voyez?”, “d’accord?” and so on.
And it’s formost about polyphonic cables.
Enjoy!

Thanks @Omri_Cohen for his constant inspiration, @Coirt for his great ideas and modules, and Andrew, and @modlfo for his outstanding work, and to all the devs.

P.S. Since I’m still a noob about doing tutos, please leave me your impressions, critics and suggestions. It will be MUCH appreciated.

Cheers

3 Likes

Cheers, Denis! I will have a look :slight_smile:

1 Like

Messing with my little son screaming an humming behind the mic!
Note: mic to lupolo3 through stairway, 2 fmOp from bogaudio, Vult knock and Hora hihat. All that stuff to AS stereo delay and plateau. Little patch set up while recording…
Cheers.

1 Like

That was fun Denis :smile: Great sound design.

Thanks. It was just a little one set on the go… The reason why kick and hihat coming so late… :grin:. I’m very glad you like it.

Hi,
this composition has been made as an entry to the Very Cool patch challenge 39 but really deserves to figure in good place in my own music thread. Enjoy!