Blamsoft Modules

I wrote an email to Blamsoft a week ago, but sadly didn’t get a reply either.

Can’t find Blamsoft in the library anymore? Add me to the legions of people who are sad that those awesome modules aren’t kept alive.

4 Likes

Haven’t tried V2, but that’s something i would definitely miss a ton if i do. Most of the cool stuff i’ve ever done with rack, my album, the videos, the indie game soundtrack, always had some Blamsoft in it

1 Like

Count me in with the people who are gonna be really sad if Blamsoft is not updating to 2.0 I love their plugins I freaking love their filter I hope they see the love of the community Still I won’t force any developer to do something if they don’t want to, but still, I’ll be sad

4 Likes

I have all of Blamsoft’s rack extensions in Reason and love them. As a new VCV convert with v2, I really hope they update their modules too! Blamsoft is always at least partially in the everything I do.

me too, I always liked the reverb, the filter and the wavetable osc :cry:

+1 I really, really hope the XFX makes a comeback. It’s been a mainstay in my analogue-y ambient patches.

1 Like

Blamsoft isn’t any more. They are Administratively Dissolved.in september 2019. See also my post :

:sleepy::sleepy::sleepy::sleepy::sleepy::sleepy: That’s a crying shame, will really miss XFX Wave.

1 Like

is this speculation or do you have any contact with the guys,?

I say because the last update of their software in IOs is after that date. I am not saying that you are wrong but that he is not on twiter it does not mean that he is dead, his website continues to work, they continue to sell vsts, their products are still in the reason store …

I sensed an uncertain future from the moment they stopped selling their product in the vcv rack store and gave it free without release the source code, this type of action (and this is speculation too based on my experience in other platform ) almost always means that there is not much interest in the platform, but they do not give the relationship with it ended, from that moment I tried to use less and less them products even when those are pretty neat.

pd

at this point have we not all those blamsoft modules covered?

to menton some

filters : vult , oxilab, chow, audible…

distortions : vult, unfilterd, chow…

wavetables: valley, vcv erica

that is the most used by me, and there are hundred, no reason to get sad, and plenty reasons to get happy for the upcoming plugins

:wink:

1 Like

Well according to this: https://opencorporates.com/companies/us_wa/603197498 Blamsoft stopped trading in September 2019

1 Like

Is there any hope that XFX Wave will still be ported to VCV Rack 2?

The coolest thing would probably be if it could be made open source and someone with the neccessary skills could pick it up, maybe even enhance it a bit to load custom wavetables…

It would still be one of the greatest oscillators in Rack, with all it’s shaping functions, zero aliasing and extensive modulation capabilities.

The other Blamsoft modules were cool, too, but XFX Wave would by far be the greatest loss to Rack.

3 Likes

XFX Wave is the single biggest loss from V1 to V2 imo.

4 Likes

afaik Blamsoft is a company that went out of business? Not sure about that, for for sure there has never been word of a 2.0 version coming out.

see this:

and this:

2 Likes

Can you give us an overview or post here what that FB post refers to for those (like me) that don’t use FB. Thanks.

1 Like

Jordan River emailed Blamsoft back in December and surprisingly got a reply (I didn’t haha)

"For anyone wondering about Blamsoft for VCV 2, I got email back saying nothing has happened yet, but they are “thinking about it”.

So while I wouldn’t hold my breath, it’s possible we might see something at some point…

3 Likes

5 Likes

XFX Wave seems to be the one Blamsoft module everyone misses the most. If we can create a Subharmonicon / DX7 / etc, surely we can build an XFX Wave from scratch. An interesting exercise if nothing else.

2 Likes

I really liked the multil filter module and the reverb as well…

1 Like