Blamsoft is back .. just great !

Same here on my Macbook running Catalina - it doesn’t want to know, however its works brilliantly on my new Mac Mini M1 running Monterey.

Has anybody else experienced problems with XFX Wave in the VCV Pro as VST? When I try to load a project in reaper, which contains a patch with the XFX Wave, reaper crashes immediately. In VCV Rack 2 Pro, I can open the patch without problems. Any idea?

PS. I am on Windows 10, Reaper 6.67. And I just noticed that if I open a new reaper project, load VCV and then open the patch, it seems to work. It only crashes reaper when loading the project, containing that patch.

I can replicate that crash also.

I’ll bet ten cents it’s the usual ( holding onto fonts across process calls crashes in vst)

1 Like

Same here Red dot . Download . Re-Launch . Red dot . download . rinse repeat

Rack 2.1.2 OSX 10.14.6

im on macOS 11.5.2 intel mac

got it to work by

-update/download the plugins

-reopen rack to install plugins

-do not redownload plugins

-close rack

-open terminal and use these commands (free version)

install_name_tool -change libRack.dylib "/Applications/VCV Rack 2 Free.app/Contents/Resources/libRack.dylib" ~/Documents/Rack2/plugins/Blamsoft-XFXDistortionPack/plugin.dylib
install_name_tool -change libRack.dylib "/Applications/VCV Rack 2 Free.app/Contents/Resources/libRack.dylib" ~/Documents/Rack2/plugins/Blamsoft-XFXF35/plugin.dylib
install_name_tool -change libRack.dylib "/Applications/VCV Rack 2 Free.app/Contents/Resources/libRack.dylib" ~/Documents/Rack2/plugins/Blamsoft-XFXReverb/plugin.dylib
install_name_tool -change libRack.dylib "/Applications/VCV Rack 2 Free.app/Contents/Resources/libRack.dylib" ~/Documents/Rack2/plugins/Blamsoft-XFXWave/plugin.dylib
2 Likes

wHAT’S YOUR TAKE ON THE m1 Mac format|?? Any issues??? Tnx!! Distributor rocks!!

Worked on OSX10.14.6 just fine as well . Thanks !

2 Likes

At first I was getting an error with those Terminal commands, but I had only tried the first two, forgetting that I only had the XFXWave module installed.

I tried just the fourth line, and it worked.

(macOS 10.15.7 Catalina)

1 Like

Been having a lot of fun playing with XFX Wave and F-35, great weapons to have back in the armoury. So many funky modulation targets.

FWIW had no issues, using the Pro plugin in Reaper on Windows 11.

1 Like

Hello

Thanks a lot for the trick. I did it on the Free version with success (OS Catalina). Then I tried on the Pro version. Now, in the Pro version, selecting Blamsoft as “brand” in the browser makes VCV to crash. I think I will wait for an updated version of the plugin to use it in the pro version.

Cheers

Spontex

1 Like

No problems here; iMac 3 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i5 running MacOS Monterey 12.5.1

I should probably turn it down a bit…

Now, where are those old patches with these modules …

1 Like

Cheers! For the pro version-- if you use these commands instead, it should work

install_name_tool -change libRack.dylib "/Applications/VCV Rack 2 Pro.app/Contents/Resources/libRack.dylib" ~/Documents/Rack2/plugins/Blamsoft-XFXDistortionPack/plugin.dylib
install_name_tool -change libRack.dylib "/Applications/VCV Rack 2 Pro.app/Contents/Resources/libRack.dylib" ~/Documents/Rack2/plugins/Blamsoft-XFXF35/plugin.dylib
install_name_tool -change libRack.dylib "/Applications/VCV Rack 2 Pro.app/Contents/Resources/libRack.dylib" ~/Documents/Rack2/plugins/Blamsoft-XFXReverb/plugin.dylib
install_name_tool -change libRack.dylib "/Applications/VCV Rack 2 Pro.app/Contents/Resources/libRack.dylib" ~/Documents/Rack2/plugins/Blamsoft-XFXWave/plugin.dylib

All credit goes to @diimdeep and @LarsBjerregaard - thank you!

and thank you @Blamsoft, really enjoying these

1 Like

Hello

In fact I first try the command line on the free version, then rune it again by changing “Free” for “Pro”. I tried again with your proposal and same issue. Selecting Blamsoft in the Browser crash VCV. I tried also a search by entering “x” in the search bar. It crashed VCV. May be I will redownload Blamsoft plugins and run the command line on the pro version only.

Interesting, no crash with VCV free version, I can search and select Blamsoft plugin. I should have run the command line on the Pro version first. :frowning:

just in case, the log when it crash.

[12.059 info src/app/Browser.cpp:202 createPreview] Creating module widget Blamsoft XFX Grunge
[12.060 fatal adapters/standalone.cpp:48 fatalSignalHandler] Fatal signal 6. Stack trace:
23: Rack(fatalSignalHandler(int)+27)
22: libsystem_platform.dylib(_sigtramp+29)
21: libsystem_malloc.dylib(malloc_zone_malloc+104)
20: libsystem_c.dylib(abort+120)
19: libsystem_c.dylib(err+0)
18: libRack.dylib(rack::contextGet() (.cold.1)+33)
17: libRack.dylib(rack::contextGet()+28)
16: plugin.dylib(DC1ModuleWidget::DC1ModuleWidget(DC1Module*)+54)
15: plugin.dylib(rack::plugin::Model* rack::createModel<DC1Module, DC1ModuleWidget>(std::__1::basic_string<char, std::__1::char_traits<char>, std::__1::allocator<char> >)::TModel::createModuleWidget(rack::engine::Module*)+84)
14: libRack.dylib(rack::app::browser::ModelBox::createPreview()+481)
13: libRack.dylib(rack::app::browser::ModelBox::draw(rack::widget::Widget::DrawArgs const&)+27)
12: libRack.dylib(rack::widget::Widget::draw(rack::widget::Widget::DrawArgs const&)+461)
11: libRack.dylib(rack::widget::Widget::draw(rack::widget::Widget::DrawArgs const&)+461)
10: libRack.dylib(rack::widget::Widget::draw(rack::widget::Widget::DrawArgs const&)+461)
9: libRack.dylib(rack::widget::Widget::draw(rack::widget::Widget::DrawArgs const&)+461)
8: libRack.dylib(rack::ui::ScrollWidget::draw(rack::widget::Widget::DrawArgs const&)+52)
7: libRack.dylib(rack::widget::Widget::draw(rack::widget::Widget::DrawArgs const&)+461)
6: libRack.dylib(rack::widget::Widget::draw(rack::widget::Widget::DrawArgs const&)+461)
5: libRack.dylib(rack::widget::Widget::draw(rack::widget::Widget::DrawArgs const&)+461)
4: libRack.dylib(rack::window::Window::step()+1997)
3: libRack.dylib(rack::window::Window::run()+40)
2: Rack(main+3454)
1: libdyld.dylib(start+1)
0: ???(0x0+1)

I think there are two issues, right? One is the linkage issue which can be worked around with these command line fixes. The other is a crash any time it’s used in inside a VST.

Is this correct? Just trying to sort of this confusing thread. Is it correct that the command line hax will fix the linkage, but not fix the VST crash?

2 Likes

Hello

In my case, Pro version crashed when used as standalone. I didn’t try as a VST.

best regards

Spontex

1 Like

thanks a lot this did the trick for me! :+1:

Fun I had with the modules today…

…FYI - this was via the latest official release of the pro plugin in Reaper 6.67 on Win 11 Pro X64.

3 Likes

I had added the XFX WAVE into a patch to play with it. I just discovered that when I launch Rack and the patch, the output level from the XFX goes extremely high and red-lines the Mindmeld mixer output. This looks like a NaN or array index bounds issue to me.

This in Rack 2.1.2 standalone under Windows 11.

Luckily I did not have my headphones on nor have the output going to my powered studio monitors. I don’t think I have ever experienced this with any other module.

You can just run it now…