Audible instruments marbles: gate length

There is a new (experimental ? since it’s only posted in the forum) firmware for Marbles:

Could this “superlock mode” firmware make its way into future releases of your branch ? :smile:

2 Likes

I guess so, but the C++ source code hasn’t yet been updated in the Mutable Instruments github repo. The added feature doesn’t seem like a very complicated one, though, so I might be able to do it myself too. (Famous last words… :wink: )

3 Likes

The Marbles/Random Sampler has now been added to my Poly_AudibleInstruments fork/plugin. All future updates to Marbles by me will happen to that version. As an incentive to switch to using the new plugin, I added separate new parameters/GUI knobs for the gate length and the gate length randomization. (No polyphony support yet, though…)

6 Likes

hey man…tried your initial Marbles with added gate length. SO GOOD. I needed that for the samples I’m triggering. but when I do a plug update, it gets overwritten by latest.

so I read on and come to this. your last version. super stoked to give it a go…I don’t have a clue on how to add it to the list of modules. I’ve put it in my User folder along with all the other stuff. restart VCV…but your stuff doesn’t show up in the list. how do o get it to show up.

thanks. and again…SICK mod to Marbles :+1:t6:

NVM…I found it searching with filters.i dont see your POLY folder in the list tho.

thanks again. the added knobs are great!

Context menu is fine for this. Cool. Hope you make a build with that change in. The one on your github is still without the added menu options. Also, v2 of course, pretty please :wink:

Note that this plugin/module won’t be updated to V2. Ultimately this is an issue in the Audible Instruments Random Sampler module. Hopefully the official Audible Instruments will be updated for v2 with the additional gate length parameters included.

1 Like

Sorry, no updates are going to happen to this because of the licensing/rules complications of releasing forked modules that don’t have completely new panel redesigns.

Also, the missing parameters in Marbles/Random Sampler are really an issue in the official Audible Instruments module. Hopefully that will be fixed at some point.

3 Likes

NOOOOoooo

your version of the module is HUGE. you can’t let me have a taste…then take it away. :frowning:

if you want…if its needed…I can do art for the panel if that’ll make it possible? :+1:t6:

[are they going to be charging for it now?]

make dist makes it smaller, but less debuggable.

Why don’t you provide a PR to AudibleInstruments to implement the missing features and poly support?

1 Like

Pull requests for that don’t seem to be accepted by Andrew, but I suppose I could try again.

1 Like

About panel design, but we could get back to work soon :slight_smile: I might need a bit of rest first :smiley:

2 Likes

From Andrew: “I see this as a feature branch, or a variant of the same plugin. I think there are two good options. Get the code reviewed and merged into Audible Instruments, or @Xenakios should release binaries (if they want to) outside of the VCV Library.”

That was about releasing the PolyAudibleInstruments plugin in the library. (I have no plans to do that anymore. The plugin/modules in it are now obsolete and won’t be updated.)

I made a separate pull request (in October 2019) against the official Audible Instruments repo that specifically added the context menu options for changing the gate length parameters, which has not been accepted. I can try again reworking that for v2, but I highly doubt it will be accepted this time either.

1 Like

Also take a look at this PR: Implemented edit modes of Y generator and gates for Marbles via context menu by eggix · Pull Request #103 · VCVRack/AudibleInstruments · GitHub

Does this implement the same functionality in a different way?

Looks like it, and I was going to do pretty much the same thing myself now…(I never liked using the context menu for actually setting the gate length anyway, it was just a fast way to implement it for me back in 2019 when I didn’t yet have much experience working on the Rack stuff. The later version with the new knobs added into the existing panel was just a quick hack also and obviously not ideal.)

Thank you for the offer to do the panel art, but it would need to be a complete overhaul of the panel design, a new name for the module would need to be invented etc. It’s quite a lot of effort to just expose some additional parameters. I’d say, not really worth it in this case.

Xenakios - Bliss [module]

couldn’t you just take what you have and make that it? I mean its done no? the current version is awesome. new layout, art I could handle. and a name…NO PROB :wink: THE BLISS :+1:t6:

anyways…love what you’ve done. I may not upgrade for this alone