ArpHarmony Challenge (March 2024)

Nice idea, well done! Plotting the pitches of the 4 arps on an oscilloscope shows how they all move around at their own speed.

4 arps pitch_20240329

1 Like

Like it! Seems to be a pretty complex setup. The toggling is interesting. Never used the Pluck module by TyrannosaurusRu before, but it could be worth a deeper look.

I assumed they are driven off different clock divider outputs?

1 Like

Yeah, I think they do. I was more thinking of how the faster arps fill the spaces of the slower ones, and how you can see the pitch of a slower arp control the pitch of the following faster ones.

1 Like

Yes, the idea is that a faster 4-step arpeggio is played twice during one step of a slower arpeggio.

2 Likes

Hi, everyone! Dave Venom made a corrected patch of my entry from earlier this month, Oceanic Refrains. The past version I posted still had some non-free modules in it and my original pass of removing them cause some problems, particular with the intonation but also a synth line got deleted. Dave’s version fixes those things from the original plus some, there’s notes. It sounds great, though! I couldn’t be happier to finally have a clear, fully free version. I was just starting out when I created the patch, I wasn’t entirely sure what I had bought and what I didn’t and then the microtuning was it’s own issue. So, thanks Dave! I’m happy to share this.

Ocean Refrains Free Version v1.2.vcv (29.2 KB)

6 Likes

Thank you for the ArPhArMoNy Challenge. It has been a pleasure and I have enjoyed many of the entries. And they were all so unique. wOw

4 Likes

I was very impressed with these patches. I would like to include them in the next update of the manuals, probably as a separate document for just this purpose. Please let me know a) if you don’t want me to include your patch b) if you have any additional information you would like to me include (your name - a website - whatever).

Once I have something together I’ll post a link to it so you can review it before I actually include it somewhere where people will find it.

If you want to communicate with you can send me a PM (that way we won’t pollute this thread too badly).

Thanks!

4 Likes

I’ve started the document, and put in the first two entries. If anyone has suggestions for other information that should be here, or ways to improve, now is the time to let me know.

I’ll wait for feedback before finishing this, and eventually making it more publicly available.

Thanks again!

PS: if anyone want’s me to change anything or add more info for your entry, I’ll be happy to do that.

4 Likes

btw, click on the link - don’t just look at that awful raw summary, above.

btw - anyone know a better way to put links to github here that don’t look so terrible?

maybe this:

[my github link](https://github.com/squinkylabs/SqHarmony/blob/b16/docs/arp_harmony_challenge/arp-harmony-challenge.md)

my github link

What did you do there?

ctrl-k (hyperlink), command-k on mac

in the previous post, I did that twice, went and put three ´ before and after to get the quote.

1 Like

Ah, tx, I’ll play around with that. I don’t usually use a mac for posting, but clearly the thing in the library to insert a link should do it…

It looks great, but probably will cause you a lot of work with replicating all the details.

So, if you want to trim it down to the links of the original submission in the VCV Rack Forum and the audio/video, that would be fine, too.

Obviously, having the information right there is nicer, so it all depends on how much time you would like to spend.

A small typo: The title reads “ParpHarmony Challenge”.

well, I’m not planning on finding all the comments and stuff, but I think finding each entry and copying out some details won’t be that much work. Actually, copying the screen shots, re-sizing them, and copying them to my github is probably the “most” work, but it looks bad without them, and it’s still doable, I think.

It looks nice, so no objection here.

1 Like

OK, I think I have them all up there. Let me know if I made a mistake (quite likely). Or if you have a different version of things you would like me to post. the “secret” URL is above.

3 Likes

Looks good!

1 Like

Nice work and looks great.

1 Like