Aria Salvatrice Signature Series 1.3.0 BETA 2: Arcane, Atout & Aleister - Today's Fortune ★

Hiya hi hello hey! I’ve started making a few little cool and nice modules for VCV Rack, entitled the Aria Salvatrice Signature Series. I hope you will like them.

Version 1.3.0 BETA: Arcane, Atout & Aleister - Toady’s Fortune ★

Arcane

I hope luck is on your side. Every day, you will share together the fortune I shall grant you. It is your task to interpret what my augury means to you.

Modules in the Arcane series are comprised almost only of output jacks, sending today’s fortune as CV. Those values are the same for every Arcane user, and nobody can predict or influence them. I pronounce a new oracle every day at 12:00 AM UTC without fail.

How to interpret my fortune is up to you and your friends. You can make use of a single output jack of the module, or all of them. You can craft an ephemeral song that will no longer exist tomorrow. You can create an unchanging patch that will grace you with a new song every day. There are no rules but the ones you choose to follow.

There is no offline mode, and no built-in way to load older fortunes, by design. These are multiplayer-only oracles. Using this series of modules to their full extent requires a bit of creative patching, a bit of lateral thinking, but most importantly, friends to share your different interpretations of the same fortune with.
If you treat my oracles as a mere random number generator, you will never gain any wisdom from them.

[ Jump to the release post in this thread > ]

Version 1.2.0: Darius Branching Step Sequencer

Darius

Are you still looking for the perfect sequencer, the one that allows you to effortlessly express any musical idea?

Sucks.

Here comes yet another gimmick module challenging you to integrate its bizarre ideas to your song instead.

Darius is a 8-step sequencer where each node branches into two possible paths, creating repeating patterns that start similarly and resolve differently. Takes a whole 32hp of space to fit all its knobs.

[ Jump to the release post in this thread > ]

Version 1.1.0: The Split & Merge Series

A collection of tiny cute polyphonic splits and merges, with a neato trick: they can sort channels by voltage! It’s meant for neat freaks who want their values in order, and for the advancement of science in general. I did not make them because a use case exists. I made them because I want to see what kinds of use cases you will come up with.

A complimentary Signature Series 8hp Blank Plate and :heart:-head screwdriver are provided with every Signature Series module purchase.

27 Likes

So, I’m still a complete beginner at C++, and I thought the best way to get started figuring out module development would be to reimplement something that exists, in a way that’d still provide value to users, so I thought about making a module that included both a split and a merge, in a space-efficient form factor.

From there, I tried to figure out how to make the module more useful, and I thought, how about sorting the values by voltage? It turns out that if you feed it four different oscillators in sort mode, you end up creating very interesting hybrid waveforms. I’ve just scratched the surface of potential applications.

I decided to make a whole series of variations on this basic idea, and that series seems complete now.

Despite the modules not being particularly original, I tried to give them a lot of polish. Trying to get the design look good right from the start should help me make more modules with a consistent look.
I also entirely stole the idea of having illuminated jacks with a translucent ring from @stoermelder.

I have plans for more modules eventually, no schedule however, I work on them when I wanna.

4 Likes

Congrats on the release Aria :smile: Btw ? are you french too? :open_mouth:

I love the Blank one, the drawing is so cute ! :heart:

1 Like

“I did not make them because a use case exists. I made them because I want to see what kinds of use cases you will come up with.”

I love this philosophy on design and am going to totally rip it off

2 Likes

Yup, aren’t pretty much half of us French at this point?

Also, I added a Windows build of 1.1.0 to the OP for people who want to play with it immediately.

1 Like

Haha oui je me demande :joy:

Cool :smile: Will try them ^^

Cool Breeze

1 Like

Love the panels!

1 Like

This. More of.

3 Likes

1.1.0 available from the library now! Give a try to sort mode and see what you can come up with :smiley:

2 Likes

I’ve been feeding a sorted chord to a sequential switch to make arpeggios. It’s brilliant for that.

1 Like

Heyos! Finished a new little module: Darius Branching Step Sequencer

It’s now available in the library.

You’ll find the full documentation on GitHub. Here’s the module intro:

Are you still looking for the perfect sequencer, the one that allows you to effortlessly express any musical idea?

Sucks.

Here comes yet another gimmick module challenging you to integrate its bizarre ideas to your song instead.

Darius is a 8-step sequencer where each node branches into two possible paths, creating repeating patterns that start similarly and resolve differently. Takes a whole 32hp of space to fit all its knobs.

Darius is named after the eponymous arcade shoot-em-up game series, known for its surreal visuals, its fish-themed enemies, its unique soundtracks, its multi-display arcade cabinets, and for allowing the player to select their route through the game via a branching map. For the most authentic experience possible, set the pattern length to 7 and write your song in 7/8 time.

I guess the module is also technically named after some dead Persian guy who did some King stuff, I heard on Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.

Hope you enjoy and manage to get nice songs out of it :smiley:

21 Likes

looks cool! nice job!

1 Like

Just been playing with this, very nice, thank you :slight_smile:

1 Like

Little demo of the most basic use case possible with sound:

3 Likes

Interesting!

1 Like

Exciting! Nice work!

1 Like

Proper

1 Like

I love your panels, don’t mind giving up some screen real estate for a big one. Stoked to try this out once it is available for linux.

1 Like

Darius looks amazing (both in form and function). Looking forward to it!

1 Like