Aria Salvatrice Signature Series 1.3.0 BETA 2: Arcane, Atout & Aleister - Today's Fortune ★

Cool Breeze

1 Like

Love the panels!

1 Like

This. More of.

3 Likes

1.1.0 available from the library now! Give a try to sort mode and see what you can come up with :smiley:

2 Likes

I’ve been feeding a sorted chord to a sequential switch to make arpeggios. It’s brilliant for that.

1 Like

Heyos! Finished a new little module: Darius Branching Step Sequencer

It’s now available in the library.

You’ll find the full documentation on GitHub. Here’s the module intro:

Are you still looking for the perfect sequencer, the one that allows you to effortlessly express any musical idea?

Sucks.

Here comes yet another gimmick module challenging you to integrate its bizarre ideas to your song instead.

Darius is a 8-step sequencer where each node branches into two possible paths, creating repeating patterns that start similarly and resolve differently. Takes a whole 32hp of space to fit all its knobs.

Darius is named after the eponymous arcade shoot-em-up game series, known for its surreal visuals, its fish-themed enemies, its unique soundtracks, its multi-display arcade cabinets, and for allowing the player to select their route through the game via a branching map. For the most authentic experience possible, set the pattern length to 7 and write your song in 7/8 time.

I guess the module is also technically named after some dead Persian guy who did some King stuff, I heard on Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.

Hope you enjoy and manage to get nice songs out of it :smiley:

21 Likes

looks cool! nice job!

1 Like

Just been playing with this, very nice, thank you :slight_smile:

1 Like

Little demo of the most basic use case possible with sound:

3 Likes

Interesting!

1 Like

Exciting! Nice work!

1 Like

Proper

1 Like

I love your panels, don’t mind giving up some screen real estate for a big one. Stoked to try this out once it is available for linux.

1 Like

Darius looks amazing (both in form and function). Looking forward to it!

1 Like

Could probably do with a CV offset knob for Darius and or ± voltages on each knob. Currently only capable of positive voltage.

1 Like

1.2.0 is available in the library now!

Thanks! Well, I like my design compacts but in this case it would have been impossible to shave off any hp without compromising panel readability, haha.

Should it really be bundled as part of the device? Seems that many step sequencers, including Fundamental’s, are limited to 0-10. Since my module is meant to inspire ideas rather than to precisely express one you already have, I was thinking panel simplicity is more valuable. Same reason there’s no quantizing.

3 Likes

Just my opinion but yes definitely, one of fundamental’s flaws is the inability to go to negative voltage. Workflow would be much better with negative voltages, plus the signal wouldn’t be delayed by the 1 sample that gets introduced when having to route to an offset.

1 Like

Nice, interesting!

1 Like

I’ve been messing about with Darius for a couple of days and I’m enjoying it. However. CV controls for the route knobs would allow for some compositional subtlety. I’m using a shift register and a comparator so that a note is only played when consecutive notes are different. If I have the top row set mostly the same and the bottom row set all different it would be great to gradually shift the positions of the direction knobs. Thanks.

1 Like

I didn’t expect the module to have such a positive reaction (it went from a stray private conversation with a friend who’s also into synths & arcade games to submitted release in like 24 hours lol) so I kept it intentionally as simple as possible, since devices like 8FACE and CV-MAP can add bank switching and knob control.

I’m not opposed to adding features but I’d like to keep it a simple module you pop on a whim and figure out without reading the docs. Maybe I should consider an expander / advanced version?