Anyone interested in playing ''musical pals''?

I once write an article about collaborating over the internet, if it can provide any inspiration…

1 Like

if someone doesn’t have vult flame, then we can substitute debriatus with ~0.18 fold, ~0.195 distort, and ~0.43 saturate.

I’ve mixed both versions here:

Musical Pals with Olival and ablaut and rsmus7 4th voice.vcv (61.4 KB)

and here the free version with Debriatus: Musical Pals with Olival and ablaut and rsmus7 4th voice_Debriatus.vcv (61.0 KB)

2 Likes

in the meantime i was also tweaking the patch and replacing flame with debriatus. i added some panning automation.

Musical Pals with Olival and ablaut and rsmus7 4th voice tweaked.vcv (61.1 KB)

3 Likes

@ablaut @rsmus7
Wow ! This turned out awesome ! I love it :slight_smile:

2 Likes

That’s real nice! Was going to see if I could contribute, but I seriously think it good as is. Love this soft melody and the ambient noise.

1 Like

The final result sounds great! Well done!

It seems to me interesting to run this «musical pals» activity from time to time.

1 Like

I agree ! This was a fun experience :blush: we should try again, if anyone wants to do a new one, go for it !
Also , @ablaut @rsmus7 would you allow me to make a recording of our patch and share it ? Of course i will give credit to you and link to your channels as well :wink: And you could do the same if you want :grin: !

of course, go ahead! i was thinking of making a recording as well, tho i’m still tweaking the patch

1 Like

sure you can record it,
I also find this quit good for a quick and intuitional collaboration,
I listened to it for some time now, not much I would improve :wink:

1 Like

Here’s one… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

patch2_MP_Coirt_073019_001.vcv (147.1 KB)

Probably best to use non-commercial for patch compatibility.

The clock / gate signal is triggering the drip sound on one band. Basically listening to the gate pulse which is then sent to clouds then a copy sent to a second channel on the mixer where it gets inverted to remove the initial attack of the gate signal. What is left over is the frequency of one band and clouds’s effects. The lfo’s are just trimmed/clamped so the wave is intact but trimmed to the voltages set. The range of voltages is setting frequency / mod source range.

3 Likes

Very interesting sounds ! I’m not sure i understand everything (not yet familiar with your modules, which look very nice) , but i love how it sounds ! I’m a bit busy today, but i’ll try to add a voice later if i can :blush:

Right… updated original

1 Like

Very interesting ! Thank you so much for explaining !

I came up with something new ! a weird little bassline :grinning: patch2_MP_Coirt&Olival_073019_001.vcv (158.8 KB)

I added a little mixer with a reverb send too :wink:

2 Likes

Musical Pals Choose Your Own Adventure Edition? lol sorry, maybe just skip mine since Olival beat me to it. I was messing with this last night and didn’t realize someone else could be working on it too. I probably went too far, but adjusted the Rack, isolated the drip a bit more, and added some Rings ambient action to balance the spectral madness. Anyway, I had fun with this drip sound, good stuff! patch2_MP_Coirt & Adi_073019_001.vcv (114.6 KB)

1 Like

Getting a crash when loading this. Think it might be to do with your plugin versions.

[16.171 info src/engine/Module.cpp:113] Patch created with Bark v1.0.4, currently using v1.1.1.

I’m on the latest updates

Weird, I just tried it Olival’s and it loaded right up, I think I’m using all current updates too. Bass sounds really cool btw!

1 Like

It’s weird… I have last versions i’m sure, i download your modules this morning haha. I will try to reupload the file when i’m back at my pc :wink:
@AdiQ Thanks ! I will listen to your part later too, maybe we can do like last time, and merge our 2 parts :smile:

Ok, so i redownloaded your modules just to be sure, let’s see if it works this time : patch2_MP_Coirt&Olival_073019_001.vcv (158.8 KB)

@AdiQ Love your thing too ! It goes really well with what was already there :wink:

1 Like