Announcing Polyphonic Macro Oscillator 1 / 2 beta

What a strange thing to do :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Thatā€™s the coderā€™s right!)

1 Like

Version 1.0.6 with preliminary version of polyphonic Macro Oscillator 1 (Braids).

7 Likes

Version 1.0.7 with new trimpots for Macro Oscillator 2 (Plaits) to get independent control of the LPG modulation amounts. (Implemented by Xandermogue.)

3 Likes

Hereā€™s an example of one sort of thing this allows you to do:

1. First I show regular Plaits, using its internal LPG to modulate Timbre, Frequency, and Morph. The attenuverters for this modulation are set negatively.
  2. Next is regular Plaits again, this time with an external envelope modulating the same parameters. The attentuverters are set positively. This external envelope has a quicker attack and decay.
  3. Finally using the new modified Plaits I apply both modulations: the LPGā€™s modulation is set negatively using the new dedicated attenuverters, while the quicker external envelope is modulating positively via the original 3 attenuverters.

plaits lpg-cv.vcv (7.9 KB)

Also possible now is adjusting the Speech engineā€™s prosody and speed via the LPG Frequency and Timbre attenuverters, respectively, while simultaneously modulating pitch and word/phoneme selection via the Frequency and Timbre CV inputs & attenuverters. The trigger input must be patched for prosody and speed adjustment to work.

One other perhaps less-useful possibility is modulating the Frequency via the LPG while simultaneously bending the pitch by dragging the Frequency CV attenuverter when its CV is unpatched.

9 Likes

Oh yeah! Those knobs are really great! And together with polyphony, Iā€™m having so much fun with a single module instance! :grin: Thank you!!

1 Like

Credit goes to @Xenakios for the idea! Iā€™m glad this implementation worked out; Iā€™m having a lot of fun with it too.

1 Like

Sure but you did the poly version :wink:

The voice polyphony was initially done by me, Xandermogue worked on the additional parameters and GUI for the LPG.

3 Likes

Loving the polyphonic Braids!

Any problems compared to the official version? Iā€™ve used Braids a lot less than Plaits, so I may have missed testing/fixing some behaviors.

Managed to get a plausible Hammond B3 sound out of the new Poly Plaits and the Surge Rotary. Thanks to Xenakios for his good work. Here is a short clip of a 12 bar blues work in progress.

1 Like

Version 1.0.8 released :

• GUI knob updates for Macro Oscillator 2 (Plaits) by Xandermogue.

• Added the Random Sampler (Marbles) module into this plugin. No polyphony support at this point, but compared to the official Random Sampler it has 2 new GUI knobs to control the gate lengths and their randomization.

7 Likes

Awesome! Weā€™re getting all the missing features thanks to your modifications! :clap: Much appreciated, thank you!

1 Like

would love to see poly rings next!

Yes! but only after a bug fix :wink:

2 Likes

It would be tough to try to fix issues like theseā€¦But hopefully something can be done at some point.

I was not saying YOU had to fix the bugs, I just thought it was a good moment to refer to the bug that is still there, the only ā€œresultā€ it had was that Andrew closed one of the two issues, marking it as a duplicate :grinning:

1 Like

It looks like at this point this plugin wonā€™t be in the official Rack library. Andrew doesnā€™t want to include it in the library as it is. I could ask my changes to be reviewed and merged with the official Audible Instruments plugin, but I donā€™t expect that would go anywhere quickly. (Andrew being busy and all thatā€¦)

Thatā€™s a bit sad, design is the reason?