Announcing Polyphonic Macro Oscillator 1 / 2 beta

I know but I thought it could also look like this :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Ah right. I guessā€¦But itā€™s really painful to figure out where the UI elements would need to go. (I completely hate working with the SVG files. Thatā€™s why the current wider design doesnā€™t even have text labels for the knobs, itā€™s just so time consuming to properly figure out the placement of the texts and knobsā€¦But maybe Iā€™ll get to that at some point.)

yeah it is, Peter just consider his pretty cool imho design, that how the original should looks like)

Donā€™t get me wrong, I love your mods, that gate length thing you did with Marbles is great, and so is this poly MO, and Iā€™m no programmer nor a graphic designer, but the first thing I thought of seeing the ā€œbreak-outā€ knobs for the LPG was the image I posted. I have no idea how much time/effort is involved in making the module look like this. Thanks again for your hard work :+1:

It would probably be very fast for someone who has already worked a lot with the SVG designs (and the code needed to place the GUI elements), but itā€™s very slow and painful for me because I havenā€™t worked much with those. I think you will have to live with the new wider design. :wink:

1 Like

Version 1.0.4 with compact GUI redesign as suggested by Peter Vos and implemented by xandermogue. (I think the GUI may need to get bigger again in the future if itā€™s desirable to have the LPG modulation amounts as independent parameters tooā€¦)

7 Likes

You Rock ! Thanks ! :heart: and thank you @xandra-max :+1:

1 Like

This is fantastic, thank you.

Do you have any plans to pick up the two new ones at some point?

I just plugged this into a patch Iā€™m working on. Itā€™s brilliant!!! Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Thank you very much! Sorry for real geek request but Iā€™ve noticed that new CV inputs LPG color and decay donā€™t receive poly modulation, only the first mono input in poly cable. Is that possible to implement poly cable support for this new and awesome CV inputs or the code of Plaits doesnā€™t allow to do that perhaps? I also have another geek ideas, for example an expander with output of internal AD generator (which is also can be a poly one if that Iā€™ve requested above is ok)ā€¦also anticlick\fade feature for the MODEL input, attenuverter for Harmony knob; two models playing at the same time (for example GREEN and RED together which are in the same LED position) and adding outputs for secondary playing mode to the expander. Yeah, your moded Plaits can drive me with crazy ideas)

1 Like

polyplaits polycon.vcvm (1.1 KB) This is a preset for Bogaudioā€™s POLYCON which, when patched into the Model input here, sets each of Plaitsā€™ 16 channels to a different model. A polyphonic cable must also be patched into V/Oct to get the module running polyphonically, by the way.

1 Like

thatā€™s freakin awesome! thanks. LOW CPU becomes a must have option for this kind of connection. and thanks for collected voltages for models input, maybe will do some reduced preset for only needed models for the moment.

The poly inputs for the LPG parameters can be easily added. (With some added CPU use, of courseā€¦) The other stuff is a bit too involved to think about the moment, especially anything that would require more GUI work. Regarding the GUI : I didnā€™t realize even the small changes done so far might not be allowed by Mutable Instrumentsā€™ license, I have to check about that with the developer. If the developer doesnā€™t agree itā€™s allowed, the GUI needs to be changed. I am not prepared to do a lot of work for that, so itā€™s probably then going to be a really basic and ugly GUI done entirely in the C++ code.

Smooth changing of the engines would probably require doubling the amount of engines and crossfading between them. They all wouldnā€™t need to run constantly all the time, just during the crossfades, but it could start having some memory impactā€¦(I have not yet investigated if the polyphony is needlessly using too much memory already.) Another approach would be to fade out the current engine, do the switch and fade in the new engine, but that would cause a level dip in the sound.

All great (testing windows build) Thank you, this is super usefull!

Crazy sounds!

2 Likes

Version 1.0.5, with polyphonic CV inputs for the LPG parameters :

4 Likes

Cool&nice! Did you get the answer about the design from Emelie? Wanna teasing it worldwide already!)

Yes, thereā€™s a permission to use the modified GUI designs.

2 Likes

Excellent. Do you have any plans on making more Audible modules polyphonic?

1 Like

I got Macro Oscillator 1 (Braids) running a couple of days ago, but I need to test and tweak it a bit more. I will then probably look into Modal Synthesizer (Elements). But I might want to actually play with all this stuff myself too, so Elements might not be happening any day soonā€¦ :wink:

3 Likes